8 TV Shows That Deserve a Reboot

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 TV Shows That Deserve a Reboot

We take a look at old or canceled shows and figure out which would be the best to have a reboot. Take a look!

If you have your own, we'd love to read about them in the comments below!

Read Full Article

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
1. No
2. Maybe
3. No
4. Absolutely No
5. Probably No
6. Aren't they?
7. Maybe
8. Already getting one, or something along those lines

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
It's a pretty good list, but the problem is that the reason why a Married With Children reboot will never happen is because of all the people who "need" The West Wing to get them through Trump's presidency. If anyone has seen Married With Children, you'll know that it would drive every single politically correct person insane. I mean, more insane than they already are.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
A Firefly reboot? I love the show to bits but what made it work was the cast and the chemistry they had, I'd actually prefer they didn't reboot it and potentially ruin the Firefly universe for me (and likely others) with a half arsed job. A new mini series about where the crew got to in the last 10+ years with the original cast might be kinda cool (assuming Whedon was on board and Fox had nothing to do with it).

There's a semi obscure show called Jericho which I really enjoyed but which got cut short after about a season and a half which it would be cool to see a reboot of though. Also Tripods had a decent premise, I imagine that'd make for a good reboot as well.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
1) Never seen
2) I guess? Never seen, but I could see a reboot occurring
3) Remake rather than reboot I guess
4) Never seen
5) Saw a bit of back in the day, can't comment
6) Got Discovery, so it's a moot point. But doesn't need a reboot.
7) Continuation, yes, reboot, no. But the comics are continuing the story anyway (and not in a way I'm fond of), so there's that to consider.
8) Isn't that being made?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Do we really need a Mystery Science Theater when pretty much anybody on Youtube can do the same damn thing?

And its quite lucrative for a certain youtuber:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CinemaSins

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
While I did watched and liked Married with Children but I know for a fact it won't get a reboot due to how sensitive people are! I mean Bud hated and made fun of fat people!

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Firefly, continuation, yes.
I haven't really watched the others, except for Married with children.

How about Cleopatra 2525, Dark Angel, Highlander, Lost in Space?

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I especially agree with those last two, but I doubt it will ever happen. Though that might be my disdain for network executives.

As for shows I want to see rebooted (or preferably, continued) would cartoons count? There are so many cartoons that deserve another chance...

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Tanis said:
Let's just drop West Wing and replace that with Babylon 5.
I can't imagine who we'd hire to play people like Londo and G'Kar now, and Jerry Doyle was irreplaceable as Garibaldi.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Gordon_4 said:
Tanis said:
I can't imagine who we'd hire to play people like Londo and G'Kar now, and Jerry Doyle was irreplaceable as Garibaldi.
I, being the kind of person that LOVES the idea fucking with things via reboot (SEE: Starbuck being a woman and The Doctor falling in love)...

I'd want to let Straczynski B5 give into his full vision.

Maybe do a huge gender swap for shits and giggles?

Salma Hayek as G'Kar; she was INSANE in Everly.

Chlo? Grace Moretz as Londo; she was fantastic in both the Kick Ass movies, Neighbors 2 and Let Me In.

Ron Perlman as Delenn; he's Ron fucking Perlman, he could easy sell that shit of being both hyper religious and logical.

David Tennant as Lyta Alexander; His portrayal of Killgrave and a young Casanova could easily be put into a 'rebelling' nuke.

Then again, maybe Straczynski could find some 'barely know' actors and actress and let them do their own thing.
Shit, half the cast from Defiance or Dark Matter could probably work.
XD

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
While I did watched and liked Married with Children but I know for a fact it won't get a reboot due to how sensitive people are! I mean Bud hated and made fun of fat people!
I remember that ALL Bundys made fun of fat people! :p

What about animation series? I would LOVE a new series of Once Upon a Time...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Once_Upon_a_Time...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Um... just an MST3K correction here: Frank Conniff (as "TV's Frank") was one of the evil scientists for a number of seasons; it was Joel Hodgson (whose character created the bots) and Mike Nelson (his replacement) who played the hapless guy in space.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
Tanis said:
Gordon_4 said:
Tanis said:
I, being the kind of person that LOVES the idea fucking with things via reboot (SEE: Starbuck being a woman and The Doctor falling in love)...

I'd want to let Straczynski B5 give into his full vision.

Maybe do a huge gender swap for shits and giggles?

Salma Hayek as G'Kar; she was INSANE in Everly.

Chlo? Grace Moretz as Londo; she was fantastic in both the Kick Ass movies, Neighbors 2 and Let Me In.

Ron Perlman as Delenn; he's Ron fucking Perlman, he could easy sell that shit of being both hyper religious and logical.

David Tennant as Lyta Alexander; His portrayal of Killgrave and a young Casanova could easily be put into a 'rebelling' nuke.

Then again, maybe Straczynski could find some 'barely know' actors and actress and let them do their own thing.
Shit, half the cast from Defiance or Dark Matter could probably work.
XD
that would be pure awesome but id like to add more models and props as opposed to cgi so that it holds up (example: Alien still looks like it might have been made today if it wasnt for a few minor parts)

BTW married with children will never get remade because many shows are even cruder than it was at its worst and to keep up with the times its vulgarity would have to be off the charts

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
Do we really need a Mystery Science Theater when pretty much anybody on Youtube can do the same damn thing?
There's nothing quite like a genuine MSTing. Besides, we need SOMEONE monitoring the Satellite of Love.