8 Unforgettable Childrens' Show Hosts

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Unforgettable Childrens' Show Hosts

To celebrate Mr. Rogers getting his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, on this day in 1998, we give you a short list of some of the most unforgettable characters in children's programming.

Read Full Article

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
This isn't a bad list but how did you forget Jimmy Savile? I hear for many children meeting him really was an unforgettable experience.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
JoJo said:
This isn't a bad list but how did you forget Jimmy Savile? I hear for many children meeting him really was an unforgettable experience.
Yeah it was a logical reaction I think (for Brits at least) to read the headline and get a proper Yewtree vibe.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
Teoes said:
JoJo said:
Yeah it was a logical reaction I think (for Brits at least) to read the headline and get a proper Yewtree vibe.
The last 30 years of kid's TV have pretty much been ruined for us.

bstrd_chris

Jan 9, 2014
Dude, you forgot Capt. Kangaroo... all those ping pong balls... the horror, the horrooooooorrr....

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
amaranth_dru said:
What? No Marc Summers of Double Dare? Are you serious??!?!???!? RELEASE THE HENCHGOATS!
bstrd_chris said:
Dude, you forgot Capt. Kangaroo... all those ping pong balls... the horror, the horrooooooorrr....
They even passed over the most obvious one, from the perspective of a gaming website. Does "Captain Lou" Reed as Mario ring any bells?

Yet they include Homie Da Clown and Smoochy, neither of whom ever actually hosted a regular show (Homie is an "entertainer" for hire, and Smoochy only existed as a non-copyright-infringing parody of Barney the Dinosaur). Even putting Krusty on the list is iffy at best, but The Simpsons has shown multiple episodes of his "series", so I guess it can slide. I mean, there are so many actual kids show hosts that are nigh-on unforgettable, they had to use three quasi-fictional ones?

Still, it's always interesting where these Gallery of the Day things take the topic, especially when some of the subjects only technically fit the theme... I assume to induce internet rage and the subsequent page views/comments like ours.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
2xDouble said:
amaranth_dru said:
What? No Marc Summers of Double Dare? Are you serious??!?!???!? RELEASE THE HENCHGOATS!
bstrd_chris said:
They even passed over the most obvious one, from the perspective of a gaming website. Does "Captain Lou" Reed as Mario ring any bells?

Yet they include Homie Da Clown and Smoochy, neither of whom ever actually hosted a regular show (Homie is an "entertainer" for hire, and Smoochy only existed as a non-copyright-infringing parody of Barney the Dinosaur). Even putting Krusty on the list is iffy at best, but The Simpsons has shown multiple episodes of his "series", so I guess it can slide. I mean, there are so many actual kids show hosts that are nigh-on unforgettable, they had to use three quasi-fictional ones?

Still, it's always interesting where these Gallery of the Day things take the topic, especially when some of the subjects only technically fit the theme... I assume to induce internet rage and the subsequent page views/comments like ours.
I'm pretty sure its the odd ones thrown in there just for facetiousness' sake... I mean as a kid I did watch In Living Color so Homey Da Clown kinda fits. But including Homey and dissing Bozo is kinda like sacrilege.

Pickapok

Eater of Doughnuts
May 17, 2011
There is a noted and distinct lack of BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL on this list.

Science rules.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
No Captain Kangaroo? No Shari Lewis? Son, I am disappoint! How about Paul Zaloom as Beakman from "Beakman's World"?

No Mr. Science?

You deserve this: