8 Villains Who Could Menace The Flash

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
8 Villains Who Could Menace The Flash

There are plenty of DC villains who might show up on the new The Flash TV show, but which will be tapped for a small-screen appearance?

Read Full Article

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
As someone who has recently been reading some of the 90s Starman, The Shade showing up in any of the current DC TV shows would be pretty great. I'd kind of like 'Gotham' to use him as their 'ominous bad guy who won't show up for aaaaaages but who we'll keep mentioning anyway and is old enough to be able to appear in any version of the timeline', since 'Arrow' already took Ra's. (In saying that, Dollmaker is already in both shows so who cares? Certainly not DC.)

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Most of what I know of the Flash comes from the DCAU.
Mainly Justice League cartoons.

So, yeah, I'd love to see some of the 'wacky' villains.
Let's keep the grim to Arrow.

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
My big hope for The Flash TV show is that they do make the rogues have they do have that kind of an organization/semi-team spirit. I always felt that the Flash comic was at its best when it half focused on the drama of the villains. Of course, I've been re-reading "The Secret of Barry Allen" and "Rogue War" again, so that definitely colors my opinion.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
No Captian Cold or Captian Boomerang? I know that those two hooked up with Mirror Master and The Trickster in the Flash-centered episode of JL: Unlimited back in the DCAU.

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
No Captian Cold or Captian Boomerang? I know that those two hooked up with Mirror Master and The Trickster in the Flash-centered episode of JL: Unlimited back in the DCAU.
I'm really just want a remake of that conversation in the villains bar.

"You're off your meds again, aren't you?"
"I don't need them!"
"You're wearing the suit!"
"So I am..."

"After you finish your drink, turn yourself in!"
"Got me again, Flash!"

Ken_J

Jun 4, 2009
kyosai7 said:
Diablo1099 said:

"I don't need them!"
"So I am..."

"Got me again, Flash!"
BAM!

Gotta say that this episode is why I like the Flash

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Frontastic said:
As someone who has recently been reading some of the 90s Starman, The Shade showing up in any of the current DC TV shows would be pretty great. I'd kind of like 'Gotham' to use him as their 'ominous bad guy who won't show up for aaaaaages but who we'll keep mentioning anyway and is old enough to be able to appear in any version of the timeline', since 'Arrow' already took Ra's. (In saying that, Dollmaker is already in both shows so who cares? Certainly not DC.)
Since he's magic, The Shade could be a good fit on Constantine.
Ken_J said:
kyosai7 said:
Diablo1099 said:

"I don't need them!"
"So I am..."

"Got me again, Flash!"
BAM!

If I could read the look on Batman's face, he must be thinking "If only my enemies were this harmless and agreeable. I'm lucky if even one of them stays at Arkham for as long as they're supposed to." Can't say what Orion was thinking.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Diablo1099 said:
Like Bob said in the beginning, Cold and Boomerang are already confirmed to show up in the first season. This is a list of villians he'd like to see as well. That being said, I want Mirror Master and Trickster in for the same reason.

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
Flash has one of the best rouge's galleries?

That's not what I've heard: http://somethingpositive.net/sp02262008.shtml

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Ken_J said:
I'm pretty much going to second this. The Flash's interaction with his villains, and his villain's relationships to eachother are what make the flash interesting.

Really hoping the show pulls it off but not holding my breath.
Yeah. I really didn't think much of Flash until I saw that episode.

Although I wonder if this is how Barry Allen would handle it, since the DCAU Flash is Wally West. The only Barry Allen stuff I've seen is Young Justice (where he seldom shows up) and The Flashpoint Paradox.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Hey if the show has Harkness and he is Ostrander's Captain Boomerang I'm in. Cowardly, morally bankrupt, Australian, absurd, but still dangerous.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Tanis said:
Most of what I know of the Flash comes from the DCAU.
Mainly Justice League cartoons.
Most of what I know of The Shade comes from Justice League AS. Mainly that the staff is his source of power (at least in that version) and that he easily gets his ass kicked.

Overhead

Apr 29, 2012
Since when is the Shade's "character, alignment and power-set ... among the most frequently-altered of "name" DC figures, changing drastically as the result of varying successive crossover events"?

Before Starman he was a no name villain with little personality. Since Starman he has had a single solid characterisation. That is one instance of a change.

His personality changed over the course of Starman, but this was just character growth naturally occurring in a single series - no reality warping crossover or whatever.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Frontastic said:
Since he's magic, The Shade could be a good fit on Constantine.
That was my first thought actually but I'm not entirely sure how DC-y they're going to actually make Constantine. I'd almost prefer if it stayed fairly isolated. Some Swamp Thing would be nice.