Seduce Women on the PSP With Photo Girlfriend

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010

Nothing says "YOU MUST LOVE ME" like forcing a girl to let you take her picture.

If you're looking for a new romance sim to play on handheld systems, you may want to consider the latest release from Dadokawa Games, Photo Girlfriend (Photo Kano in Japanese). Aside from the usual elements of the genre, Photo Girlfriend has a photography element in it; you can check out this six minute trailer to get an idea of what the title looks like.

Unlike many romance sims, the game has a big focus on technology: it's set to feature 3D models, smoothly-animated conversation scenes, and apparently even used motion capture for some of the animations. On top of that, players get to play with a camera mode in the game, which requires them to switch the PSP to a vertical orientation.

If you're confused by the trailer, Andriasang has provided a basic summary of what's going on:

The girls introduced in the first half of the trailer are the targets of your love interests. They span the usual types -- the childhood friend, the class leader, and so-forth.

The last girl is Kanon, the one speaking in the trailer and the one doing the gymnastics at the end. Kadokawa is throwing in a Nendoroid Puchi figure of Kanon as a bonus item.

If you can read Japanese, you might want to head over to the game's official site, as it has more detailed profiles of all the women players will interact with.

Source: Andriasang

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
There is only one face that can be pulled in light of this:

(Also: thankyou random man's blog.)

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Doesn't this remind anyone of that Playboy game that came out a few years ago? The one where you're a photographer snapping pictures of playmates?

pulse2

May 10, 2008
"Dude, so, what are you playing?" *Friend looks at your psp* "Right....."

Japanese games can be creative, I'll give them that, but that's just disturbing.

CommanderKirov

Oct 3, 2010
I was going to make a "Japan why are you so disturbing comment"

But than I realised that some very sad people will actually buy this.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
vansau said:

Nothing says "YOU MUST LOVE ME" like forcing a girl to let you take her picture.
Yeah, I read that issue of Savage Love too.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
In all the differnt japanese games like this, all the women make the most unarousing unappealling moaning noises.
Really, it's like if some weak nerdling lifted a really heavy box. It's all naisaly (sp) and makes me think they all need to blow snot out of their nose. Ugh

kurupt87

Fuhuhzucking hellcocks I'm good
Mar 17, 2010
See now, this is weirder than RapeLay.

Media tells us that young Japanese girls already have enough trouble trying to get the lads attention away from virtual, or otherwise not actual, girlfriends. This not only panders to it but reinforces it, and not even only for the lad but on the girls part too. It requires her participation, willing or otherwise, in taking her into a virtual world where the lad doesn't need her anymore.

It's weird as fuck.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
pulse2 said:
"Dude, so, what are you playing?" *Friend looks at your psp* "Right....."

Japanese games can be creative, I'll give them that, but that's just disturbing.
These games never sell to more than a very niche market in the west, but hopefully it'll keep a couple off rapists of the street at least. Not that I'm saying people who play these games are rapists, but consider how games like this are so popular in Japan and it also happens to have one of the worlds smallest rape rates.

Edit: Oh man, youtube comments shine again:

"if u arent pedo, japanese games n anime will make u one......

japan hasn t learned nything after earthquake"

Tuqui

Mar 2, 2011
This plus this Kissing machine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109706-Japan-Invents-Internet-Kissing-Machine], ok this is getting too creppy

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
This is just wrong! Really, If the Japanese like this kind of thing, fair enough, but don't mention it outside of Japan. Its just creepy.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Jbird said:
Doesn't this remind anyone of that Playboy game that came out a few years ago? The one where you're a photographer snapping pictures of playmates?
Haha, if its only you then err... AWKWARD!

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Buying this for teh lulz. Also, Lolis.

SICK0_ZER0 said:

I was just about to mention the comments being filled with chantardedness. :L

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
SICK0_ZER0 said:

haha, I thought the earthquake was due to plate tectonics. Apparently is was down to obscure video games.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
CommanderKirov said:
I was going to make a "Japan why are you so disturbing comment"

But than I realised that some very sad people will actually buy this.
Yeah, but a Japanese company made it.

Actually, I think that sentence demands a little reflection. A company made this. Multiple people (real people who pay bills and eat food) got together and made a conscious decision to produce this game. None of them, or at least very few, said "Hey, this is creepy I don't think we should make it".

Japan is like that geeky kid you were friends with in high school. Sometimes he can be really fun to hang out with, but then when women are around he starts getting all weird and just embarrasses you.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Woodsey said:
Jbird said:
Haha, if its only you then err... AWKWARD!
Lol.

I only remember it because I can recall X-Play reviewing it.