New Assassin's Creed: Revelations Teaser Hints at Ancient Greece

Scott Bullock

Nov 11, 2010
New Assassin's Creed: Revelations Teaser Hints at Ancient Greece

Cryptic visuals abound in the newest teaser trailer for a yet-to-be-announced Assassin's Creed game.

Ever since last week's accidental Facebook leak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109676-Report-Ubisoft-Accidentally-Reveals-Next-Assassins-Creed] provided a name, fans of the Assassin's Creed series have been wildly speculating about every aspect of Assassin's Creed: Revelations: what platforms it will be on, which protagonist it will follow, what time period it will be set in, etc. To throw further fuel on the fire, Ubisoft has gone and released a second teaser trailer, with a couple of new clues and/or red herrings.

The background of the clip shows some sort of castle or ruin, what might be a map of the Mediterranean and Red Sea, and the hand of a white-sleeved, hidden blade-wielding assassin. Over the course of the 10 second clip, a round tablet covered with glyphs, presumably the famous Cretan Phaistos Disk, appears and disappears, while a short phrase of Arabic-looking characters intermittently flashes on the screen. Some say that the phrase translates to "Altair, Son of No One", while others say it is incoherent nonsense. I don't read Arabic, so I really can't weigh in on that one.

Many people have drawn the conclusion, both from the castle in the background and supposed translation, that the game will be a throwback to the original setting of Assassin's Creed, a crusade-torn middle east. Others assume from the presence of the Phaistos Disk that it will be a new protagonist bounding across the rooftops of Ancient Greece. In all honesty, the teasers are so obtuse and vague it's better at this point to just wait and see what happens at E3. Here's hoping we finally get Desmond's game.

Source: Scrawl [http://scrawlfx.com/2011/05/next-assassins-creed-gets-second-teaser]

theaceplaya

Jul 20, 2009
Or they could just, you know, finish up Assassin's Creed 3 instead of another spin-off. Just putting that out there.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Why not just post a link to the site that this is actually from? The "teaser" is the flash that is on the LIKE THIS PAGE thing that was on a past news update. I am personally looking for any new information on this game myself but this isn't really a new teaser.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
JWRosser said:
Ancient Greece would be amazing actually.
I'd challenge that idea. Give me ancient Rome... the Colloseum and the Hippodrome. Chariots and other delicious things.

OT: Less is more except when less is absolutely bollock all from ass-clowns who think they are being clever.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Ugh. Ancient Greece? Modernize the game some more please. 1700s anyone?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That would be pretty awesome actually, and to possibly run into some famous Greek people would be cool as hell.

Drago-Morph

Mar 28, 2010
Mr.Pandah said:
Ugh. Ancient Greece? Modernize the game some more please. 1700s anyone?
I agree. An Assassin's Creed game taking place in colonial Boston throughout the Revolutionary War? Awesome. Plus, they can screw with history by saying that it was a Piece of Eden that allowed the Americans to win.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Color me interested. Going around to the different city-states would be fun. Although trying to hide, blend, and assassinate inside Sparta at its peak... I like that challenge.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Personally I want a modern game. I want to see what it would be like to be an assassin in modern day.

Exocet

Pandamonium is at hand
Dec 3, 2008
Going back in time seems pretty bland,weapon wise.
I mean,play the first AC,then play Brotherhood.Going back to the first AC is hard,because you lose your pistol,crossbow,dart launcher,etc..
So what would you have in ancient Greece?Can't have a pistol.Apparently,no one thought of the double hidden blade until Da Vinci,so you're back to one.Can't have a crossbow,none of them were small enough at the time....

My point is,going back in time would remove so many options,but at the same time,they have to mix it up by changing era,but too modern and swordfighting becomes irrelevant.

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Well the visible hidden blade has the same gauntlet pattern as Altair (Looks like a silver scale effect). So wonder if we get Altair in an AC game with the improvements made in AC2/B? Oooo

SamStar42

Oct 16, 2009
Can they just do the Industrial Revolution or 1930s New York already, THEY'RE BRILLIANT IDEAS. Plus the potential for weaponry is excellent.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
couldnt one of Altairs descendants or even his son (would Altair work for females? Im no expert on names) have been named after Altair so while the character could be "Altair" it doesnt have to be the same guy

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
It's mentioned in the second game that Altair traveled a lot, and did come up with a lot of the new ideas used in 2. So we have an excuse as to why Altair would go there, and why he would have the weapons. So the "it doesn't make sense/it would be a downgrade" argument can't really stand. But the "what's the point" argument...

Still, I have faith that it'll be an awesome game. Most likely.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Ancient Greece? isn't that before Altair's birth ? or maybe not the ancient I am thinking of.

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
Can't they just drop the shitty backstory with Desmond and the Animus?

The series would get so much better if they just went through the lives of several different assasins in different time periods, without trying to link the stories together with a weak background narrative and thinly disguised religious messages.

Saviordd1 said:
No, your risking guns becoming to prevalent
What? You think modern Assasins run around with hidden blades?

As long as the implement it right, guns could work.