Lots of New Vegas DLC Coming This Summer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Lots of New Vegas DLC Coming This Summer

Bethesda has dropped the deets on three upcoming Fallout: New Vegas [http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Xbox-360/dp/B0028IBTL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304436328&sr=8-1] DLC releases, including one that will finally shed some light on the history of the Courier.

We've known for awhile that the Fallout: New Vegas DLC Honest Hearts is coming soon, but now we know when, too: May 17, to be precise, and yes, that's for all three platforms. Honest Hearts will tell the tale of a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the legendary Burned Man, with the fate of Zion hanging on the decisions you make.

But there's more! Coming in June is Old World Blues, which will reveal the origins of some of the Mojave's mutated beasts by dropping you in the middle of an experiment gone wrong. Pre-war research centers in the Big Empty may hold the technology you need to outwit your kidnappers - or you may find yourself joining them to stand against an even greater threat.

And that's not all! In July, if everything goes according to plan, Lonesome Road will debut, and this sounds like it'll be the big one. The original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses [who might sound familiar to you if you purchased the New Vegas Collectors Edition or read this [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106485-Is-Dead-Money-Teasing-the-Next-New-Vegas-DLC]], contacts you with a promise to explain his refusal to deliver the Platinum Chip to New Vegas, but only if you accept one last job that will take you into the ravaged canyons of the Divide, a journey from which no-one has ever returned.

Each Fallout: New Vegas DLC release will sell for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network, Steam and Direct2Drive, and in a nice twist, unlike the first DLC release Dead Money, will be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC simultaneously.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
sounds good, i just hope it's better than the atrocity that was Dead Money. Never regretted purchasing DLC before that one....

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Only Old World Blues sounds like my thing, from a plot standpoint, to be honest.

That said...it all truly depends on the loot the DLC adds. Not the story behind the DLC, for me. After all, the quests are temporary. The loot is forever. :)

I honestly consider Anchorage the best FO3 DLC due to the Power Armor and Stealth Suit.

DanielPowell33

Jun 9, 2009
All I want is a DLC that will let me continue playing after I've beaten the main story.

Old World Blues seems pretty cool though.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Yeeeeeeeee! More continuation on the New Vegas story and dates as well! Now I have some motivation to go back and finish Dead Money.

Mar 30, 2010
That release schedule sounds a bit ambitious, but I'll look forward to it all the same.

Now, to go and purchase some Gamerpoints...

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
That release schedule sounds a bit ambitious, but I'll look forward to it all the same.

I wish I could exchange Gamerscore for MS points...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
This sounds pretty cool, but at the same time, I remembered how bad New Vegas was, so... yeah... Maybe I should try getting mods for it, if there are any good ones?

Mar 30, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Grouchy Imp said:

I wish I could exchange Gamerscore for MS points...

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd have been wandering around the stores for ages!

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only Old World Blues sounds like my thing, from a plot standpoint, to be honest.

That said...it all truly depends on the loot the DLC adds. Not the story behind the DLC, for me. After all, the quests are temporary. The loot is forever. :)

I honestly consider Anchorage the best FO3 DLC due to the Power Armor and Stealth Suit.
Really? All you care about is loot? In that case, I wouldn't even bother with DLC; just use mods, assuming you're playing on PC. If all DLC did was add more armour and weapons, I'd save my money for something a little more substantial.

Funnily, enough, I actually consider the reverse: things come and go, but stories are forever.

gizunt

Nov 20, 2009
All of them sound great!! looking forward to having 200+ hours on Fallout:NV

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Really? All you care about is loot? In that case, I wouldn't even bother with DLC; just use mods, assuming you're playing on PC. If all DLC did was add more armour and weapons, I'd save my money for something a little more substantial.

Funnily, enough, I actually consider the reverse: things come and go, but stories are forever.
I don't have the PC version. This is honestly the only site I've ever been to with a PC gaming MAJORITY, btw.

Rest assured, if I did, I'd have so many weapon/armor mods.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

And don't get me wrong. I still like a good story. It's just never my primary motivation. I'd never pay PURELY for weapons. Unless "Spell Tomes" for Oblivion counts.

NeonWraith

Nov 25, 2008
Nifty. I've been wanting to play New Vegas for a while, and if they release an edition with all the DLC some point this summer I'll totally pick it up, but I can wait until there IS a complete edition.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Each Fallout: New Vegas DLC release will sell for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live or $9.99 on the PlayStation Network, Steam and Direct2Drive, and in a nice twist, unlike the first DLC release Dead Money, will be released for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC simultaneously.
That's assuming that the Playstation Network isn't all clusterf*cked by that point.