Stolen Pixels #18: Diving Bored

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #18: Diving Bored

Killing people all day can get, you know, depressing. Good thing Assassin's Creed's Altair has a few hobbies to keep his spirits up.

scarbunny

Beware of geeks bearing gifs.
Aug 11, 2008
I love the way everyone waits around until your done having your fun round the city, you'd think after the first few killings as soon as your intended target hears word of the "roof diver" he'd be off

Or maybe they all hold their cities in such regard they think youll never get bored of messing around.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Altair is enthusiastically energetic, yet meandering and distracted. He's like the Calvin & Hobbes of killers.
This sold it for me right there, bravo.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
holy crap shamus this was incredible. well written humerous and insightful. i loved this game just as much as you describe it although to be honest i enjoy the assasinations the most, cux i like planning my path to the target, sneaking up behind him and shoving my knife in betweeen his vertebrae/throat

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
pseudoidiot post=6.70666.698739 said:
"Hey! The roof diver! Man, I love your work!" Hahaha. Hilarious!
I agree ^^

Would the Hitman games be considered games about assasination? I mean, sure, you CAN probably kill a dozen people each level and get away with it, but you're not really supposed to kill anyone but your target : /

Making a game about assasination where the greater part of the time is spent assasinating would be... weird...

V3KT0R

Oct 28, 2009
The first rule of Assassin's Creed is to climb everything in Assassin's Creed.
I once climbed one of those arches in front of Masyaf... 40 times in a row.

onechaos

Nov 23, 2009
FIRST! ...post from me here that is ;-)

It's taken me a while to follow you here from "Twenty Sided Tales" Shamus but well worth it. I had to laugh at your comments on Altair, I thought I was the only one thinking that :)

"Assassin! Stop him! ...

... ahh, we lost him. Just that group of priests, with that one priest that always has all the bloody knives and swords. Dang. The assassin got away again."

I think my favorite part of the "chase" was when the guards got so disheartened chasing me around rooftops that when they lost me they jumped to their deaths*. Which brought more guards to investigate the death below, leading to more rooftop chasing, which led to more guard suicides, which...

...I think I had half the city chasing me at one point :-D

* guards giving up the chase when I hid (don't look in the roof garden, nothing in here, lol, shhhh) on high roofs without ladders would often decided the quickest way back down was to jump off the nearest edge...