The Ultimate Medal of Honor Soundtrack is Huge But Cheap

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Ultimate Medal of Honor Soundtrack is Huge But Cheap

The new eight-disc limited edition Medal of Honor soundtrack collection from La La Land Records is impressive yet surprisingly inexpensive and just the thing for fans who can't get enough.

If you dig eight-disc Medal of Honor box set [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-10th-Anniversary-Bundle-Pc/dp/B001E6DG6Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1304440968&sr=8-3]. Featuring remastered material from EA's archives as well as the private collections of the original composers, the first six CDs include the scores from the original Medal of Honor as well as MOH: Underground, MOH: Frontline, MOH: Allied Assault, MOH: Pacific Assault, MOH: European Assault, MOH: Rising Sun and MOH: Airborne. That's a lot of music, but that's not all.

The seventh disc in the collection contains the full soundtrack to the 2010 Medal of Honor [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Xbox-360/dp/B000TI836G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304441146&sr=8-1] reboot along with unreleased bonus material, while disc eight contains other unreleased tracks from Airborne, Rising Sun and European Assault. The collection is accompanied by a 40-page booklet and comes packaged in a reinforced cardboard slipcase, with "an exclusive introductory quote from MOH creator Steven Spielberg."

Only 2000 of these things are being made and La La Land sure isn't giving them away, but the price is actually a lot lower than I expected. It'll cost you $59.98 to take it all home, less than what the new Medal of Honor clocked in at when it came out last year. Given the sheer volume of music collected in this monster, I'd have to say that's not too bad at all.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Holy cow! That is cheap. Must. Resist. Deal.

I don't even play these games. Why can't they do a deal like this on the Halo soundtracks?

Or better yet, the Fallout soundtracks.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'd get it, had I the money to spare.

MoH 2010 even has a surprisingly good OST, too.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Urgh... So much beautiful music... Such... A good deal... Must... Resist... Already... bought... Reboot soundtrack on... Itunes!

Must Stop... Typing... Like... Shatner!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Man, I want I want I want I want! This music is AWESOME!

Man, I hate being unemployed and poor! X'[

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Wow.... brilliant, fantastic!
I loved the music of MoH, especially Rising Sun!
Bought!

Apr 28, 2008
meganmeave said:

I don't even play these games. Why can't they do a deal like this on the Halo soundtracks?

Well, if you want the radio tracks, they come free with the PC version of the game.

For example, with New Vegas, go to the program files/steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/data files/sound/songs/radionv and BAM! You got all the songs that are on New Vegas' radio stations.

Listening to Blue Moon right now.

OT: Wow, what a deal. I don't really play the Medal of Honor games, and never really noticed the soundtrack in the games. Did not know they had so much music in them.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
I want to see this on Fallout OST's, GTA Ost's and Halo Ost's.

i dont really see the point of one for MOH... the signature theme was cool back in the day but i dont know... i guess i'd have to listen to it again

AND NOW I HAVE THE CHANCE!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Irridium said:
meganmeave said:

Well, if you want the radio tracks, they come free with the PC version of the game.

For example, with New Vegas, go to the program files/steam/steamapps/common/fallout new vegas/data files/sound/songs/radionv and BAM! You got all the songs that are on New Vegas' radio stations.

Listening to Blue Moon right now.

OT: Wow, what a deal. I don't really play the Medal of Honor games, and never really noticed the soundtrack in the games. Did not know they had so much music in them.
Unfortunately, I don't have the PC version of New Vegas. But I do have the Steam version of Fallout 3... I bought most of the songs already, but there were a couple that I couldn't find anywhere.

Thanks for the advice! I think the song I really wanted to find was Let's go Sunnin'. Now I know how!

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I would prefer if soundtracks just became an added disc in the box. I think that would be a really nice addition to gaming in general.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Dollar to disk that's not bad. Though not something I'd buy to listen to myself. I do have the Vice City soundtrack boxset though :)

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
I've said it once and I'll say it again, MOH: Frontline has one of the best soundtracks of any video game.

But I already own that soundtrack so I probably won't be picking this up.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
meganmeave said:

You bloody ninja!
Like exactly what I was going to right!
*shakes fist*

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
As one of the five people on Earth who actually liked Medal of Honor 2010..... I wouldn't buy this, since I played none of the other ones, so it wouldn't be worth it :p

Jonny49

Mar 31, 2009
The Medal of Honour games do have pretty awesome soundtracks, even in the reboot.

If only the rest of the game did everything so well.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Wow, im going to get this, MoH has had the best soundtracks of the decade, next to Halo.

Start at 4:10. My personnal favourite.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Listening to Allied Assault's soundtrack hit me in the face like every one of John William's works. When I found the music on the disk in mp3 form I immediately burned a disc of them and been enjoying it away from the computer.
Stirring stuff.

Wish I could seize this deal, as it is a good deal, but other factors are playing against me so it will be a no go. I am happy that this is being done. I wish more publishers put game soundtracks out. There is some awesome stuff being made in that field and it isn't getting the recognition it deserves. They do this for movie soundtracks. Why not games, too?