Sony Details "Make Good" Plan for DC Universe Online

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Details "Make Good" Plan for DC Universe Online

Sony's "Make Good" plan for DC Universe Online will give players a month of free play and some pretty snazzy fledermaus-inspired headgear.

Sony Online Entertainment promised back in DC Universe Online [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109602-SOE-Promises-to-Make-Amends-to-PS3-MMO-Players-for-PSN-Outage] downtime resulting from the PlayStation Network/SOE security breach. At the time, the bone-throwing was slated to begin on April 30 and although that turned out to be a bit optimistic, the company has at least now told us what DCUO players have to look forward to.

"First, all impacted players will receive 30 days subscription credit plus one day for each day the service was unavailable," SOE wrote on the DC Universe Online Facebook page [http://www.facebook.com/notes/dc-universe-online-the-official-game-page/dcuo-and-the-make-good-plan/10150586814665717]. "Also every impacted player will receive a Batman-inspired mask appearance item. Please bear with us as the complexities of the subscription server dictate how and when this will be available along with pertinent details."

Sony promised to release more details this week and, as has become the habit, thanked everyone again for their patience. I'm not sure if it qualifies as "patience" when there's simply no other option available, which will remain the case for the foreseeable future: SOE is "working around the clock to restore operations as quickly as possible" but gave no indication as to when service will be restored.

Feb 13, 2008
This better be for the PC version as well. No-one can get on due to Station being down.

And the mask better be colourable, blue doesn't work well on NOTION.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
That mask is bad-ass!! Way better than those ridiculous Guy Fawkes masks.

But what's up with the Batwoman mask? I didn't know there was a Batwoman. I though Batman was knocking boots with Catwoman.

EDIT: I have learned that there is in fact a Batwoman. She is both Jewish and lesbian. Who knew?

Feb 13, 2008
Neverhoodian said:
Anyway, I guess this means there's going to be lots of players with names like "B47M4N" running around.
There already are hundreds, but you can't get the Bat Emblem until you do the Batcave run at level 30.

Feb 13, 2008
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
EDIT: I have learned that there is in fact a Batwoman. She is both Jewish and lesbian. Who knew?
The funny thing is Batwoman was 1st introduced in order to try and prove that 'Batman is not gay'. Then, in time, they made her a lesbian. Weird development.
There's actually Batgirl, Batwoman, The Huntress (Lesbian ex-Batwoman) and Oracle (who's the ex-batgirl). And a female Robin AFAICR.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
The funny thing is Batwoman was 1st introduced in order to try and prove that 'Batman is not gay'. Then, in time, they made her a lesbian. Weird development.
If they were interested in convincing me that Batman isn't gay, they should have killed off Robin. That would have more convincing effect than the introduction of Batwoman.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
There's actually Batgirl, Batwoman, The Huntress (Lesbian ex-Batwoman) and Oracle (who's the ex-batgirl). And a female Robin AFAICR.
And Batdog. The possibilities are endless.

JDKJ

Oct 23, 2010
Sinclose said:
And the female Robin you're referring to is Stephanie Brown. She didn't last very long in that role. In fact, I believe Batman explicitly told her that she failed her trial period.
That and she was distracting Robin from more weighty matters.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
If they were interested in convincing me that Batman isn't gay, they should have killed off Robin. That would have more convincing effect than the introduction of Batwoman.
True, but Robin was and still is a waaaay too popular character to kill off. Besides they would simply have someone else take the mantle, like they did twice(or even thrice if you count Stephanie Brown) before.

The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sinclose said:
JDKJ said:
Batwoman was the only character who got created specifically so that Batman could be 'so not gay despite having Robin by his side all the time'. Of course, later writers changed that, because she was introduced all the way back in the Silver Age of comics, IIRC.

And the female Robin you're referring to is Stephanie Brown. She didn't last very long in that role. In fact, I believe Batman explicitly told her that she failed her trial period.
Stephanie Brown became batgirl two years ago and I got to admit, she doing a hell of a job.

Lt. Dragunov

Sep 25, 2008
Oh great a 30 free sub to dcuo so i can catch up with the league again, awsome. But wait "we are woking around the clock-" I'm sorry but that takes away from everything. Sony said psn would be up for sure wensday, it is now thursday goin on friday. Sony i love you guys and i will try my very hardist to stay with you but this is getting outta hand now.