Rumor: Schwarzenegger Thinking About Twins Sequel

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Rumor: Schwarzenegger Thinking About Twins Sequel

Over twenty years later, Universal apparently wants to make a sequel to Twins and thinks it's a "gem of an idea." Maybe they actually meant "charcoal briquette."

Now that Arnold Schwarzenegger has called it quits with California politics, he's reportedly thinking pretty hard about getting back to acting. However, instead of reprising his roles from the Terminator, Conan (yes, there's a new one being made, but it doesn't have Arnold ... Or Grace Jones), or Kindergarden Cop, it sounds like someone wants his return to Hollywood to be in Twins 2.

Yes, you read that right: someone wants to make a sequel to the 1988 film that was directed by Ivan Reitman and starred Schwarzenegger with Danny Devito. Australian film site What's Playing recently spoke to a source who is claiming that Universal's been seriously kicking around the concept. According to the anonymous source:

"Knowing Arnold, Danny De Vito and Ivan Reitman are all still in touch and want to work together again, Universal came to them about it. It's a germ of an idea that could spread fast."

Let's be honest about something: If the film gets the go-ahead, it might very well be a good movie, but it certainly sounds like a terrible idea right now. Also, if Schwarzenegger is going to get back in front of the camera, I demand a sequel to <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Hercules-New-York-Arnold-Schwarzenegger/dp/B00004XMSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304630388&sr=8-1>Hercules in New York.

Source: Screen Rant

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Wait, i swear there was a rumor about Arnold's return to Terminator...

Oh well as long as i get to hear that rich, gravelly voice in a decent action film again, i shall be happy.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
gigastar said:
Wait, i swear there was a rumor about Arnold's return to Terminator...

Oh well as long as i get to hear that rich, gravelly voice in a decent action film again, i shall be happy.
There was.

Ahnold knows his time as Govenator is coming to a close, and he needs to find a way to make a boat load of money to support himself and sees that revamps are all the rage.

though I've never seen the original (and it doesnt look like I missed much) so I wont be seeing this one.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
You know what, if this help to prolong his whole cartoon "Governator" show idea then by all means go for it.

PaxCorpus

Mar 7, 2009
Holy crap. I watched this movie when I was maybe... 5?? I can't even remember. Although, I was a child then, I don't ever remember thinking to myself, "man, this needs a sequel."

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
HankMan said:
Sure it may resurrect Arnold's acting career, but this film could end up causing a lot of Collateral Damage for everyone else.
If they do make it, I think I'm going to start running, man.

OT: The only twin in any movie with Schwarzenegger that I care about is the one that told him he needed to start the reactor. If they're making a sequel to THAT, then that is an entirely different story.

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I was SERIOUSLY hoping this was just posting a ridiculous, far from fact headline to grab views... but.... I am disappointed...

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
well that is a first I've never heard anyone call anything a " ger m of an Idea" That will spread fast. However I do think the movie would go viral and take down Troll 2's title of worst movie ever made.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Of all the Schwarzenegger movies to make a sequel to, it couldn't be Commando could it?

WHY U NO COMMANDO?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
vansau said:
Over twenty years later, Universal apparently wants to make a sequel to Twins and thinks it's a "gem of an idea." Maybe they actually meant "charcoal briquette."

"Knowing Arnold, Danny De Vito and Ivan Reitman are all still in touch and want to work together again, Universal came to them about it. It's a germ of an idea that could spread fast."
The, uh... Opening paragraph here is an interesting, uh... statement...

But your quote later on suggests it doesn't make much sense. After all, it refers to a germ of an idea rather than a gem

OT:Anyway, That is indeed a pretty weird idea. I wouldn't have expected a sequel to that particular film to make much sense. It wasn't a horrible film, but a contrived sequel just sounds... Iffy.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
...I actually liked Twins...I thought it was funny :3

I also like Commando...Terminator not so sure, only watched 1 of them the third I think.
Also like Last Action Hero...I kinda like his cheezy movies it seems xd

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
HankMan said:
Sure it may resurrect Arnold's acting career, but this film could end up causing a lot of Collateral Damage for everyone else.
...you should be a shamed of yourself right now...*tuts*

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Dear god WHY???
I'd like for him to at the very least do a cameo in a new Terminator, and he probably will, but other than that it might be time to retire. He's done his thing. And if he does want to get back into acting, why would he start with THIS?

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
I don't get it, who would actually pay to see another Schwarzenegger comedy nowadays? Hell, who actually wants to see a Schwarzenegger movie at all? I'm certainly sick of him.

If this gets the greenlight I will lose all hope in humanity. If it turns a major profit I will jump off a bridge.