BioShock Infinite Fan Now Owns Automated Stallion Company

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
BioShock Infinite Fan Now Owns Automated Stallion Company

The winner of Irrational Games' BioShock Infinite "Name in the Game" contest now owns a stable of mechanical horses.

Irrational Games previously held a BioShock Infinite [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109132-BioShock-Infinite-Contest-Promises-to-Immortalize-Your-Name] after a fan, and the company has delivered. One Payton Lane Easter is now the proud owner of a brand new automated stallion company.

After receiving over 100,000 entries for the contest, Irrational unanimously settled on Payton Lane Easter's name . "We couldn't make up a more fitting name for a citizen of Columbia if we tried," Irrational says.

Easter's award was to have a "premium automated stallion" company named after him in BioShock Infinite. Irrational artist Mike Swiderek whipped up an advertisement for Payton Lane Easter & Sons Automated Stallions, which was established back in 1904, by the way.

If you don't know what an automated stallion is, watch BioShock Infinite's 10-minute gameplay trailer here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2028-BioShock-Infinite-Gameplay]. Also, watch that if you just haven't yet. Trust me.

Easter will likely stop outside of his establishment once he finds it in the game and proudly stare. I would. Interestingly, Irrational says that "another unique opportunity" will pop up sometime this week. I have a feeling it's a mustachio-growing contest, so get your wax ready.

Source: Irrational Games [http://irrationalgames.com/insider/bioshock-infinite-name-in-the-game-winner-announced/]

LostNumber

Jul 17, 2009
That has to be an amazing feeling, knowing that you're a part of gaming history. Reminds me of that secret boss in Kingdom Hearts named after the winner of a contest.

I'll definitely be looking for this place in-game.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I actually forgot all about this. While I entered, I didn't think I would win in a billion years. Nonetheless, colour me insanely jealous :D It does look like the best man (or indeed name) won though!

If they do this for the next Bioshock game, which will of course be set in Scotland :p, I'll enter again.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
HankMan said:
Tom Goldman said:
After receiving over 100,000 entries for the contest, Irrational unanimously settled on Payton Lane Easter's name. "We couldn't make up a more fitting name for a citizen of Columbia if we tried," Irrational says.
I wish I'd been saddled with a name like that. This guy was a total shoe in.
Your comments should end up in a book somewhere, this is seriously funny!

Also, I (probably along with everyone else in the world) signed up for this, I am really impressed, props to that fellow and I hope that his business gets him far in the world!

Oct 14, 2010
Only the privileged and the lucky get their names below a badass metal horse.

"Badass" is definitely the word of this thread.

Feb 13, 2008
HankMan said:
Tom Goldman said:
After receiving over 100,000 entries for the contest, Irrational unanimously settled on Payton Lane Easter's name. "We couldn't make up a more fitting name for a citizen of Columbia if we tried," Irrational says.
At least he kept things stable. He'd have shouted himself horse otherwise.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Aww... I wanted to win! :(

But then again, the guy they chose did have a badass name.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
Awesome name. Congrats to Mr. Easter for winning that contest. I wish more game developers would allow fans to have subtle immortalities like that. Like voice acting a unit in an RTS game, having places named after them, adding fan-submitted gun concepts and stuff.

Heck, they could even do something like pull your username from your gaming platform and add it in a really subtle place. "Here, take this prototype gun of mine. It's called the TK-96Stammer."

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
HorizonRadar said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
HankMan said:
Tom Goldman said:
At least he kept things stable. He'd have shouted himself horse otherwise.
I don't mean to be a neighsayer, but I wish I'd have won! Congratulations to him though, that's a helluva name.
I think it would rein in hell if you would've won!