Get a Friend to Play Rift, Get a Free Corgi

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Get a Friend to Play Rift, Get a Free Corgi

What's better than playing an MMO with friends? Getting a free puppy when you recruit said friends into the game.

Have you been feeling lonely while <a href=<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8795-Rift-Review>you quest through the world of Telara? If you've been hoping to get some friends hooked on Rift, the folks at Trion Worlds have your back: Tomorrow marks the start of the game's "Ascend-a-Friend" program which includes a week-long free account and adorable puppies.

The program actually includes benefits for everyone involved. Depending on how many friends are recruited, "Ascenders" get in-game rewards for initiating the program, including a pet (the aforementioned Corgi), a pimpin' hat, and a fiery mount that looks like something out of the Book of Revelations. Meanwhile, "Ascendees" get seven days of free gameplay, an exclusive in-game title ("The Chosen"), and each player is able to teleport to the other's location every thirty minutes.

This actually sounds like a fairly decent way to introduce new players to Rift. If this is something that interests you, all you have to do is log into your Trion Worlds account and click "Ascend-a-Friend".

Source: Massively

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I was hoping for a real Corgi. My dreams are crushed once again.

Tanneseph

May 2, 2011
If you are thinking about buying the game, but want the Ascend-a-friend benefits, please consider using my Ascend-a-code: http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=HNNTEKZNYCPYGDERGCXG

If you like MMOS at all, at least check out the seven days. It definitely borrows heavily from WoW, but the class system and dynamic world events shake things up quite pleasantly.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Eri said:
Yeah, same here. Didn't even read the thread title carefully. Just saw "get a free Corgi" and clicked with joyous anticipation. I want a cute doggy, dammit!

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
When I first read the title, I was like :D

But then I found the corgis were only in game. :(

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
The Queen approves =)

I've never liked corgis for some reason...the in-game one look kinda cute, but in real life they look a little...insane... =S

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
SwimmingRock said:
Yeah, same here. Didn't even read the thread title carefully. Just saw "get a free Corgi" and clicked with joyous anticipation. I want a cute doggy, dammit!
Eri said:

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Eri said:
There's always next week. :D But that would have been pretty cool, especially if they took the corgis from rescue shelters.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
But they have to actually subscribe, right? I just don't think I could convince a friend to play. I can barely convince myself to continue. I need TOR to come out.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
Snake Plissken said:
SwimmingRock said:
Eri said:
samsonguy920 said:
They're so cute and fluffable!