Zynga and Lady Gaga Team Up for GagaVille

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Zynga and Lady Gaga Team Up for GagaVille

Zynga and Lady Gaga are giving FarmVille [http://www.farmville.com/] fans a chance to visit her farm and hear unreleased tracks from her upcoming album Born This Way.

If you're a FarmVille player with a taste for Lady Gaga, you're going to want to check out GagaVille, a uniquely Gaga-themed neighboring farm. Why? Because not only will there be unicorns, crystals and other Gaga goodness, you'll also be given a listen to unreleased tracks from Born This Way [http://www.amazon.com/Born-This-Special-Lady-Gaga/dp/B004K4AUZW/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1305141722&sr=8-6], the new album that comes out on May 23.

And there's more! A daily "Words With Gaga" contest on RewardVille.com [http://wordswithfriends.com/] website. Special-edition $25 Zynga game cards, available exclusively from Best Buy, will include a free download of the full album.

"I want to celebrate and share Born This Way with my little monsters in a special way that's never been done before," said Lady Gaga. "Zynga has created a magical place in FarmVille where my fans can come play and be the first to listen to the album."

As a fan of neither Zynga nor Gaga - Zyngaga? - I honestly don't know what sort of audience crossover potential we're talking about here, but prior to this announcement I would've placed it somewhere near zero. [http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Sam-HD-First-Encounter-Pc/dp/B003WTYDEU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1305141875&sr=8-4] and Iron Maiden I can relate to, but GagaVille? Am I so far outside the target demographic that I can't even visualize this as an actual thing, or is it really just kind of weird?

The Zynga-Gaga crossover event goes live on May 17 and runs until May 26, while Born This Way comes out worldwide on May 23. More information and a countdown to launch can be found at zynga.com/ladygaga.

C2Ultima

Future sovereign of Oz
Nov 6, 2010
A no talent singer teaming up with a no talent developer. Oh the exchange of mediocrity.

Edit: My mistake, I was mixing up Lady Gaga with Ke$ha at the time. Ke$ha is the one with no talent, and Lady Gaga, while never having released any decent songs, can at least sing without an auto-tuner. My mistake, sorry for the mix-up.

nukethetuna

Nov 8, 2010
Finally a game just for me! Though honestly the prospect of seeing Lady Gaga's farmville farm sounds absolutely terrifying to me.

Dec 14, 2009
And now the two biggest piece 'o shit brands are together, we can finally launch them into orbit, for the good of mankind.

We'll save both music and gaming in one fell swoop.

[sub]Well, maybe...[/sub]

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
[http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Sam-HD-First-Encounter-Pc/dp/B003WTYDEU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1305141875&sr=8-4] and Iron Maiden I can relate to
Some, please, make this game.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
C2Ultima said:
A no talent singer teaming up with a no talent developer. Oh the exchange of mediocrity.
Lady Gaga is far from a no-talent singer. She's actually probably one of the most genuinely talented people in the music business today.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
This has to be the trifecta of mainstream.
I'm sure millions of people are excited for this, but I'm not one of them.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

First Metro, and now THIS!

That's really all I can say right now...

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
John Funk said:
C2Ultima said:
Lady Gaga is far from a no-talent singer. She's actually probably one of the most genuinely talented people in the music business today.
I'm sorry but she's popular. That automatically makes her awful. Don't you know how the internet works?

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
And now the two biggest piece 'o shit brands are together, we can finally launch them into orbit, for the good of mankind.

We'll save both music and gaming in one fell swoop.

[sub]Well, maybe...[/sub]
I'll go get some rocket fuel!

Andy Chalk said:
And there's more! A daily "Words With Gaga" contest on Words With Friends [http://wordswithfriends.com/], the mobile social game for iOS and Android
How the hell is anyone supposed to play "Words With Gaga" when 95%* of her lyrics are incomprehensible gibberish? Does this game use the Wingdings font or something?

*If only it was 100% of them, because the few bits that do sound like real words are so dumb I'm convinced that she has kindergarten children writing her songs.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
I honestly don't know what sort of audience crossover potential we're talking about here, but prior to this announcement I would've placed it somewhere near zero. [http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Sam-HD-First-Encounter-Pc/dp/B003WTYDEU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1305141875&sr=8-4] and Iron Maiden I can relate to, but GagaVille?
I would totally pay $60 for a Serious Maiden game. Or how about a Fallout Waits game; I'd pay $150 to wander the post apocalypse as Tom Waits scavenging for whiskey, weed, and parts to make weird musical instruments to entertain other survivors. "I just leveled up my lateness excuse skill!"

I actually didn't like Gaga either until I heard her live. She can wail on the piano... and those outfits are trippy. She's like some sort of weird offspring of Peter Gabriel & Ben Folds.
In other words, I'm not going to buy her CD but I'll go see her live when she comes back to town.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I feel this should be here

OT: Im so far out this demographic i cant visalize it eather <_<

Maby it will hurt both and cause them to be killed off. Not actualy dieing <_<

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Not my kind of thing. Truthfully looking at this fills me with a degree of rage, due to it's association with the "Born This Way" song due to the crap she pulled with Wierd Al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnKPZbkDujc

She eventually relented and let him do it, but the bottom line was that he approached her about the parody to begin with, sent her the lyrics, and she got back to him and told him to go ahead and do it. He sunk a lot of time and personal money into the project, but then when he was about to launch it, Lady Gaga said 'no' and created a huge headache. There was a bit of a fan outcry and she eventually relented, but it doesn't change the fact that she was being a complete putz. I was reading some stuff Wierd Al wrote about it online, and apparently the parody which is called "Perform This Way" was released for free on the Internets as opposed to being sold first largely because he figured he'd never be able to sell it given her position on the matter. Relenting after the fact kind of nuked the entire thing.

Now of course I've had some suspicians as to whether this was all staged to generate hype for both artists, largely because of Parody being a protected form of art, and apparently people have tried to actively block Wierd Al in the past, only to fail, because it's been ruled you can parody/spoof anything you want without needing the consent of the original performer. Not being an expert it does make me wonder if there was an angle on this that made it differant... however Wierd Al releasing directly to The Internet right from the beginning does make me tend to think there was an actual problem rather than this all being a show.

I was never a huge Lady Gaga fan, but I am something of a Wierd Al fan, so I wound up losing a lot of respect for her, and when it comes to this song in paticular I have a very negative attitude.

Some others might know more about how this all played out than I do, but simply put I am hoping this social game flops due to being associated with that song.

Irregardless of all of the above, enjoy Wierd Al's song, especially if you haven't heard it yet. :)