What?s What in Thor

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
What?s What in Thor

Thor isn't just a fun movie, it's another piece in the Avengers puzzle, and MovieBob is here to show you where it fits.

Read Full Article

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
Very cool, I'm sure marvel fans appreciated these minute details put in, most of them I didn't really notice, or at least the non obvious ones.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
HankMan said:
I was wondering what that thing at the end of the movie was. It looked more like a slab that a cube, but I wouldn't have recognized it anyway. I didn't see the gauntlet either Bob.
Agent Smith holding the Cosmic Cube?
Answer: Cosmic Cube
I can't wait for the Avengers movie, it'll bound to be a total
Skrull fuck
Not Agent Smith :p, Hugo Weaving plays the Red Skull in Captain America... this is a shot from the upcoming movie.

Meaning the cosmic cube ties in with the captain america movie as well.

Sep 14, 2009
i did notice a good chunk of those, the only thing i didn't know was the cosmic cube, but i assumed it was some kind of cosmic power

i'm definitely interested to see what they cook up, i would bro love them till i die if they put dr. strange and hawkeye in the avengers movie..

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Ok , someone who knows about comic books fill me in here.

What's the difference between Marvels Dr Strange, and DC's Dr Strange.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
When the cube showed up I remember whispering rather loudly to my my friend "that's a cosmic cube!" and people who were sitting around me turned around and looked at me eerily. I suddenly felt awful :p

ACHVDragon

Dragon Slayer
Jul 24, 2009
Actually, that isn't the eye of agamotto, but rather the warlock's eye. Otherwise its all good. Really fun to find them all, but I feel odd knowing this. What with his mistake and all (no offense). There is the orb of agamotto though.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
MovieBob said:
MovieBob: What?s What in Thor

Thor isn't just a fun movie, it's another piece in the Avengers puzzle, and MovieBob is here to show you where it fits.

Read Full Article
As a fellow comic-book nerd, i'd like to point out some pretty awesome world-building stuff that is in Thor.

The rumor right now is that its the Table of life & time, WRONG!

The inscription on the stone is in elder fuþark and it translates into "[b]Those who sit above in Shadows[/b]". Now, this reference[footnote]http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/thosewhositthor.htm[/footnote] is obvious, but it establishes some pretty cool mythology elements.

Also, i think they are not talking about the Eye of Agamotto, but rather the Orb[sub]of Agamotto[/sub].

Harmondale2

Nov 18, 2009
Sorry Bob, but its actually not Doctor Stranges eye, Kevin Feige has confirmed that it is actually from thor, and that its The Warlock's Eye, I know I was disapointed too :(

heres the link, http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=36360

But good news, Selzig's friend hes going to email is confirmed as Hank Pym :D

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
When I saw Thor in the theater I didn't recognize the Cube... It was only on screen for a brief time, and I kind of figured it was a piece of Bifrost that fell to Earth/Midgard somehow. I mean, Loki made it there. It was only after looking up the reference online that I realized it was a Cosmic Cube and when 'oh shiiit...'

Also: Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull? Oh hells yes. So looking forward to that. Of course, it may be a bit weird now, since the last movie I saw him in was rewatching Priscilla, Queen of the Desert...

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Only thing that really stuck out for me was Hawkeye's appearance. It wasn't as flashy as Iron Man 2 but I enjoyed this more than IM2

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Bob, Hawkeye isn't just "really skilled with a bow and arrow", he's also a mutant with incredible eyesight similar to that of a Hawk if I recall (hence the name) letting him see things miles away. On top of this he's a gadgeteer who creates arrows for that bow of his that pretty much do anything the plot demands. He needs an arrow that's non lethal, short circuits robots, freezes someone in a block of ice, lets out a massive sonic burst to hurt the ears or whatever, this guy pretty much has it. He's pretty much the quintessential "power pool" character from certain Super Hero RPGs, because like Batman's Utility belt, despite pretensions of realism, this guy by definition always has exactly the right gizmo the plot requires.

Arguably Hawkeye is probably on a similar level to Iron Man, maybe even worse. Heck I seem to remember that he's even taken Iron Man down in the past when various plot lines have required it by using arrows that basically fry his armor with focused EMP (which is a trick The Mandarin uses all the time... certain guys can put out enough force to bypass his shielding).

Also remember that this is a guy who due to you know having super vision, and gizmoteering, is basically able to castrate a gnat from like two miles away.

Hawkeye *IS* pretty much a Marvel Comics "also ran" who rounds out teams, but he's been in the comics alomost constnatly because he's pretty popular, where tons of other characters have pretty much faded into total obscurity by being unable to even hold down enough interest for a team spot. He's also had some AWESOME moments over the years as I pointed out, which is part of it.

Hawkeye definatly fits in with The Avengers usually, and despite all impressions, and I think one of his strengths is that he's overlooked. He's not a wimp by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh and the guy also has some pretty impressive skills as well, sure, the guy did take down Deathbird (evil empress of the Shi'ar) one on one back when The Avengers were out of comission and he was doing solo work. He pretty much walked through super-security to apply for a security job right before that because you know... he's a Gizmoteer, and doing things involving super tech is definatly part of his skill set.

I'm ranting about a minor point here, but I think he's being dismissed easily. What's more he's one of those characters who while not a founder has been on The Avengers active roster pretty much forever. If your going to bring Captain America in due to the amount of time he's spent on the team as a central character, then it's only fair you bring Hawkeye in as a supporting role because he's one of the defining supporting roles of the whole crew.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Therumancer said:
Bob, Hawkeye isn't just "really skilled with a bow and arrow", he's also a mutant with incredible eyesight similar to that of a Hawk if I recall (hence the name) letting him see things miles away.
Nope. He's never been a mutant. Ultimate Hawkeye had had his vision enhanced, but he was never a mutant.

beema

Aug 19, 2009
MovieBob said:
...as realistically, it doesn't make much sense that "I'm reasonably skilled with a weapon that's been obsolete since the 1400s" stacks up all that much next to...
ehehehe
this made me laugh, as it's true that when examine the powers of a lot of Marvel heroes, they are pretty silly in realistic context. Like, somehow I doubt they are going to make an Avengers movie about Ant Man.

TheLastTatlFan

May 12, 2011
I think I'm a bit too much of a Martin Billany fan (For those of you don't listen to Wha-Chow, that's Little Kuriboh's name.), because I was reading that little Cosmic Cub Q&A in his Naruto and Jack Atlas voices (Naruto for the questions, Jack for the "Cosmic Cube!"s.)

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I knew that "gamma radiation" was a reference and not just coincidence.

Show of hands: how many of you expected to actually see Hawkeye's face and not just as a shadowy figure in, say, the background?

Also, since we're on the business of spoiling, I must ask this: given the ending of Thor, do you think Natalie Portman will, in some way, be in the Avengers?