Space Nazis Invade the Earth in New Iron Sky Trailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Space Nazis Invade the Earth in New Iron Sky Trailer

If you thought World War 2 was over, you've got another thing coming.

Iron Sky is a movie that asks one simple question: What would happen if the Nazis had perfected anti-gravity technology and fled to the dark side of the moon in 1945? The answer? They'd come out of hiding in 2018 and try to take over the world. What's more, the newest teaser for the movie shows us entirely how they plan to do it.

The plan is simple: Build a huge armada of space zeppelins and flying saucers and use it to free the world from the "Untermensch," or "sub-humans," in a "meteorblitzkrieg," or "meteor lightning war." The movie - which is billed as a "dark sci-fi comedy" - stars Udo Kier, who played Dragonetti in Blade, and Christopher Kirby, who played Mauser in the last two Matrix films.

The movie is notable for having secured a sizeable portion of its funding through its audience, either through the sale of merchandise, or through more direct investment. Blind Spot Pictures - the studio behind Iron Sky - hopes that around 16% of the films €7.5 million budget will come from fans, and is around halfway to reaching that goal.

It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun - very, very silly fun - but fun all the same. Iron Sky is currently in post-production and comes out on April 4th, 2012.

Source: io9 [http://io9.com/5801400/new-iron-sky-trailer-shows-the-space-nazi-meteor-blitzkrieg-hitting-the-earth]

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I could have sworn that when IRON SKY popped up it actually said HOLY SHIT.

And really, HOLY SHIT.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Goddamn. Space Nazi's in Space zappelins.

Daaaaaaaaang

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
Ooooooooookay... not really sure to say after watching that. It's certainly a Nazi/WWII story that I haven't heard before.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
So... moon heil I guess?

These space zeppelins are impressive. And retro.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Heh. Should be good for a few giggles, if nothing else.
I have to say, Udo Kier is an excellent choice for a role like this one.

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
has this still not come out? i remember reading about that in empire years ago, i assumed it had fallen into obscurity like it will inevitably do

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
ooook... seriously natzis are starting to get real old as far as villains go... The movie itself might be really really good - but the fact that they are natzis makes me think of it as a bit meh...

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Logan, You got a typo:

"If you thought World War 2 was over, you've got another think coming"

Thing not think.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
It appears the Udo Kier is going to do a Yuri (Red Alert 2) like role again. I always thought he was better than Kane. The movie would be great as a C&C game if Westwood was still here.

tychothereborn

Jul 14, 2008
uhmm I don't know what to say to this . . . well at least it is not another lame alien invasion movie but on the other hand it might be a silly funny movie so I shall keep my eye out for this one.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
UDO KIER?!!?!?

This movie just officially became epic. The only thing that'd make it more epic is if Dieter Laser was cast in it.

Negotiator

Mar 17, 2011
As far as I remember, this begun as an indie production just like Energia's earlier Star Wreck series and has been in production quite some time now. Star Wreck: In the Pirkinging was pretty funny so I'm really looking forward to this.