80s babies, do you feel old around 90s babies?

Superfly2008

Mar 15, 2011
I was born late 89, and graduated in 2008 with babies born in 1990 since my birthday is so late in the year. I've always had younger friends, some who were even born in 1993, and never gave it any attention as a kid. However, as i'm older, i realized i'm one of the only ones in my friends group that was born in the 80s. Even my 21 year old best friend, who is 2 months younger than me, who is born in 1990 makes me feel ancient. He asked me one time, "what was it like in the 80s," and i had to remind him that i didn't know anymore than he did...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I'm a 90's kid myself (by less than a full month -- I was born in late January of 1990), but I understand what you're talking about. So many of the people online were born in 1995 or later, and the things they get nostalgic about just make me feel old. You would think people born in the same decade as you wouldn't be capable of making you feel old, but it's amazing what a difference five years can make.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
I was also born in late '89, but I was in the same year level as all the other '89 kids so I was always the youngest. I also have friends of a very large age range, the youngest i can think of being 18 and the oldest I can think of about to tip the 30 mark. Maybe it's not that large a scale, but from where I come from, it's highly unusual for people to hang out with people that aren't the same age or at least very close.
Also, I get the feeling your friend probably meant the "in the 80's" question as a joke. At least I hope he did.

Superfly2008

Mar 15, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I'm a 90's kid myself (by less than a full month -- I was born in late January of 1990), but I understand what you're talking about. So many of the people online were born in 1995 or later, and the things they get nostalgic about just make me feel old. You would think people born in the same decade as you wouldn't be capable of making you feel old, but it's amazing what a difference five years can make.
yeah, well I'm just talking about a 2 month difference. Kids born in 1995 and after make me feel ancient. It's so shocking that some kids born in 1998 are already teenagers. I remember in 1998 playing with my Playstation, watching Pokemon, and playing outside :(

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
1983, and yes.

Except when they don't suspect my age.

And then they hit on me like I'm one of them. ^_^

"Grobner tifills" indeed, CAPTCHA. Grobner tifills indeed.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
Woah, you were from the 80s? What was it like that back then? Was it much different from now?

OT: 90's kid here. Born very early 90's though (1991), so I don't really see you as that much older than me. I mean, I was too young to really remember a decent amount of the 90's myself; so it isn't like you guys are from a different time period.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
born in 91 I felt old while talking to someone older than me about Army of Darkness and he said and I quote "Oh, that movie's old as shit"
... it was made in 1995.
Also in school I talked about the matrix and everyone said that movie's old
is my generation suffering memory loss?

Superfly2008

Mar 15, 2011
Adam Galli said:
Depends when they were born. 90-93 not really 94-99 makes me feel old.
It's scary because in 3 years or less when kids born in 2000 turn 13/14 we're sure to see them here...

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
i was born in dec 23 1985

I know of a bunch of shows that other kids saw in an age where they cant remember of, and whenever i start humming or singing one of the tunes of the show they stare at me and say "i think i have heard that song before" and when i tell them they look at me blankly

theni go into youtube and show them and they are all o_O i think i saw this show when i was little!!

and that makes me feel old.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
Superfly2008 said:
Adam Galli said:
Depends when they were born. 90-93 not really 94-99 makes me feel old.
It's scary because in 3 years or less when kids born in 2000 turn 13/14 we're sure to see them here...
Damn your right. I haven't thought about that. It's really scary. NOW I'M STARTING TO FEEL OLD!!!!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Drakmeire said:
born in 91 I felt old while talking to someone older than me about Army of Darkness and he said and I quote "Oh, that movie's old as shit"
... it was made in 1995.
Army of Darkness came out in 1995? I thought it came out in '93, and it feels even older than that because of the low budget. Considering that the special effects wouldn't be out of place in a Ray Harryhausen movie, is it really that crazy that people who are ignorant of the actual release date would think it was older?

Deshin

Aug 31, 2010
I was born in 88, I feel your pain :(

I remember coming home and playing on the PlayStation, back when Crash Bandicoot was Sony's answer to Mario. Pokemon was all the rage and I was considered god-teir for having Yellow (with matching GameBoy Colour, YES COLOUR, I was pimpin) and all 3 starters.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Drakmeire said:
... it was made in 1995.
Army of Darkness came out in 1995? I thought it came out in '93, and it feels even older than that because of the low budget. Considering that the special effects wouldn't be out of place in a Ray Harryhausen movie, is it really that crazy that people who are ignorant of the actual release date would think it was older?
my bad. 1992. I think there was a rerelease in 95 so I got mixed up. I'll fix my previous post

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well... what can I say? I'm pretty young. I was born in 94 meaning I turn 17 this year. It is interesting to see the difference even between those who grew up in the 90's as compared to those who were born after the 90's passed. These decades being extremely important for technology has changed the way a lot of people act and think about different subjects, like games.

I always forget that computer were still relatively new things when I was younger, and that the internet was not anything close to what it is now.

Shadowkire

Apr 4, 2009
90s kids made me feel like a lot of things, intelligent, educated, composed, good-natured, but never old.