80s babies, do you feel old around 90s babies?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
As a 1986 child, yes, yes I do. Thanks for reminding me...

Seriously though, yes because when I talk about going to arcades and playing games by the quarters, and playing the NES with all those games I get blank stares.

Occasionally I get hit on by the 90s kids and it's weird.

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
Not really. I grew up in the 90s, but I'm not a big fan of most 90s culture. I love 80s stuff, but I wasn't old enough to actually imbibe it at the time, so for me it doesn't feel like an age thing, but just having different tastes from a lot of my friends. I don't really hang out with a lot of young people though.

LordOrin

Feb 19, 2009
Drakmeire said:
born in 91 I felt old while talking to someone older than me about Army of Darkness and he said and I quote "Oh, that movie's old as shit"
... it was made in 1995.
Also in school I talked about the matrix and everyone said that movie's old
is my generation suffering memory loss?
I think it's the internet that's messing with people's perceptions of time. Most people would probably say that 'Chocolate Rain' is old, but that was only four years ago. In internet years, Army of Darkness is practically vaudevillian.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
Only when talking about technology. I've found myself using the phrase "Back in my day" in those conversations.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
Hell I was born in '93 and with the kids at my school I feel old compared to those born in '94! I swear they are all insane, the maturity level between the year 12's (my age) and the year 11's is so different!

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
1980, and yes, I feel old. Thankfully, I make up for it by keeping up with current tech and games. Born a gamer, live a gamer, die a gamer. That's pretty much the only thing that I have in common with you whipper-snappers.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
I started feeling old when all the hot young Pop tarts started being younger than I am.

As sad as it may be, the last big sensation to be older than I am was Britney.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
Yeah, I was born in 1982, and every time I hear grown people talk about things like "classic cartoons" of their childhood that came out when I was in college, the age gap seems very apparent. I still think of people born in the late 80s as little kids, before I realize they're old enough to drink alcohol.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
I am a 90's kid (1992) and my sister is 4 years older than me (1988) but just like me she was raised on 90's shows (X-men, gargoyles, spiderman, etc. Just to name a few gems). However since she was already starting college by the time most of us 90's born kids were starting highschool, she does feel kind of old. Her husband is an 80's kid since he was born in 1981, and he definitely feels and acts like an old fart.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I'm a 91 kid myself but so far as I have heard the answer to that question is always "Cocaine man! As far as the eye can see!"

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
(84 here)

I started feeling old when while doing my social service I taught class to a friend's sister who wasn't born yet when I hung out with him.

Also when I tell a story by starting, "When i was in high school, ten years ago..."

KittywifaMohawk

Aug 17, 2008
I know what you mean, well to an extent I do. I was born in 93, and some of my friends are from 95 and 96. Just around them I feel old. I can't explain why, it's just a few years.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
I was born in 1985. Well, people tend not to believe I'm 25 because of how young I look.

Only a year or so ago, I walked into a restaurant with my mom and the waitress asked my mom if she needed a kids menu for me. I'm only 5ft 3ins but still. Though I wonder about that waitress's eyesight, because at the time I was growing a beard and it was already halfway grown when she made that remark. I wonder how many kiddies she gets in that place that are growing beards.

Hlain

Sep 26, 2009
I think a lot of us "locks" ourself in time around 15 or so. Ie, we're mostly through puberty and all, so we won't see so much change. It's like how when I see someone say they're born 97-96, I instantly think "They are like 6 years old! How can they be here on the internet?".
Was born late '91.

GodofCider

Nov 16, 2010
Born in 88, so my childhood was in the nineties, and I'm 22 now. No, I don't really feel old at all; you're only as old as you think anyways.