Grimm Finally Gets a Trailer and a (Horrible) Time Slot

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Grimm Finally Gets a Trailer and a (Horrible) Time Slot

Once upon a time, NBC gave us a trailer with a fairy tale-themed detective and a wacky werewolf sidekick ...

Remember how, back in January, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107391-NBC-Thinks-Fairy-Tale-Police-Drama-Could-Be-Just-Right>NBC announced that it was planning to make a police drama based on classic fairy tales? The one that, in concept, sounded like it was eerily similar to the popular comic Fables? Well, NBC has just posted a trailer on the Web for the upcoming show, Grimm.

Here's the official summary from NBC:

Nick Burkhardt (David Guintoli Turn The Beat Around) thought he prepared himself for the realities of working as a homicide detective until he started seeing things he couldn't quite explain. When his ailing Aunt Marie (guest star Kate Burton, Grey's Anatomy) arrives, Nick's life turns upside down when she reveals they are descendants of an elite group of hunters, also known as "Grimms," who fight to keep the balance of humanity safe from the supernatural creatures of the world.

The trailer looks, well, it looks like it's got potential. At the same time, this is footage from the pilot, which is almost always the weakest part of any TV series. However, the biggest challenge that Grimm will face is its time slot: Fridays at 9 PM (right after Chuck). This is a pretty ugly time to debut a new fantasy series, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume that the show won't survive its first season.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/05/first_look_at_the_fables_tv_sh--_wait_a_second.php>Topless Robot

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
What are you on about here in the UK fridays at 9 is prime time it can't be that differnt acros the pond
Edit: OT tv shows sounds pretty awesome

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Maybe. A lot of science- or mythology-based fantasy on network television is so poorly researched that it makes me rage. The ones that are well-researched and well-written usually don't even make it an entire season. We'll see.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Ooooo. Looks exciting, I have to say. Wonder if it'll be anywhere near as good as it looks.

GoGo_Boy

May 12, 2010
Trailer? That felt like the whole movie.
Also that's gotta be the worst story line ever. The last Grim, oh jesus...

Logic Sword

Jun 8, 2010
Assigned straight to the death slot? Clearly they have high hopes for this series.

Looks like it could be either really good or incredibly generic. I'm hoping for the former.

I'm also hoping for someone to make a TV series of Jasper Fforde's Nursery Crime series. That would be amazing.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I'm intrigued, so I hope the timeslot doesn't prove fatal. Then again, I might end up whistling a different tune after I see an episode or two.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
Wait, people still rely on TV networks to tell them exactly when they need to watch shows and bundle them all together into overpriced "channels"? I'm sorry, I was under the impression we lived in the 21st fucking century. You know, the age of the Internet and streaming video. Call me when you decide to let me watch it streaming online.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Mmm it look somewhat decent (it remind me of Reaper but without the humour) but consider that the shows I watched had finish their seasons I may check this out.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
Could be good. Unfortunately, it probably won't do well. A lot of new shows die real quick these days.

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
lemby117 said:
What are you on about here in the UK fridays at 9 is prime time it can't be that differnt acros the pond
Prime time in the states is 7-9 pm. 'after people eat dinner' was the idea originally I think.

ccesarano

Oct 3, 2007
On the contrary, I think NBC knows exactly what they're doing scheduling it Friday after Chuck. I don't know why Chuck has been moved over (possibly because it's the final season and therefore its ratings performance doesn't matter), but it is one of their bigger shows at the moment. Considering the geeky nature of the audience, NBC could be hoping to hook the Chuck crowd to this new show.

Unfortunately, naming these hunters "Grimms" sounds horrible and retarded, like the sort of thing some Goth teenager would come up with in their high school notebook during Chemistry class.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
lemby117 said:
In the States 9pm Friday is known as the Friday Night Death Slot. Shows with crappy ratings, or the executives are unsure of, are sent there to either die or languish.

OT: I gotta say that does like a great idea and an awesome show. I hope it survives Friday Death.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
NBC's new slate of shows actually looks awesome. Hell, even Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea might be good.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
sounds interesting i hope a lot of people watch it so it can survive the first season stupidity that most shows seem to have to deal with

Firefly being the biggest one

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Ehh, looked entirely average. Probably didn't help that the dialouge and acting was pretty bad. I will steer clear of this.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Am I allowed to say I will download this episode as my DVR cuts 5 mins off the end of each show?

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
GoGo_Boy said:
Trailer? That felt like the whole movie.
Also that's gotta be the worst story line ever. The last Grim, oh jesus...
Its a tv show so yeah that probably summed up the first episode.

Ot;
Doesn't look bad but people have to be getting desperate if its now ok to put "from the executive producers of ..." in the trailer. "From the creator" was bad enough!