Paws Up and Hoedown With Lady Gaga in FarmVille

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Paws Up and Hoedown With Lady Gaga in FarmVille

We told you that Lady Gaga was going to FarmVille [http://www.farmville.com] but I don't think anything could prepare you for this video of what happened when she got there.

Sometimes you need to explain things; set up the story, provide some background or lay out a few facts to give context to the situation. Other times, it's better to just get out of the way and let the matter speak for itself. This, I think, is one of those times.

If you have absolutely no idea what's going on as you watch this, you can get the low-down crossover promotion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109964-Zynga-and-Lady-Gaga-Team-Up-for-GagaVille] featuring something called GagaVille. That probably doesn't help much either, does it? I suppose you could always sign up for FarmVille and go visit the Lady's farm, where the unicorns roam free and the crystals crops grow strong on a steady sprinkling of love, acceptance and freedom, although that might just confuse things even more.

I can't say that this video has done anything to convince me that the "Zyngaga" team-up is any less weird than I expected it to be when I first heard about it, but it does have me wondering if maybe it's not such a bad idea after all. Catchy song, too!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Oh sweet flamin' babies. That man at the end...with the...hips...

I have no idea what just happened, and I don't think I like it, either. Is...is this just going to be a music video, or is Lady Gaga's farmville going to look like this or...what?

I'm so out of this loop.

Edit: Nevermind! Figured it out.

Excuse me while I end the misery of those unicorns.

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
Oh wow. I would just put WTF in bold but seeing how the mods wan us to put more, i'll say this: I quit farmville long ago and now i'm very glad i did. There will be glitter and sparkles. All it needs is a little dash of edward cullen.... I wonder if you will have to dance to get the crops to grow?

dstryfe

Mar 27, 2009
That...is both confusing, and alarming. Why would...and how did...

This makes me even more glad (and I swore that couldn't happen) that I avoided FarmVille. Now it's...

...I can't even find the words. Oy vey.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I hope I'm not the only one who found that A.) exceptionally well-produced and B.) hilarious.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Lest there be any confusion (beyond the inevitable confusion spawned by this video and the idea of a Lady Gaga/FarmVille crossover in general), I think this is awesome. Weird, hilarious and by god, you can dance to it! The bit at the end, at least.

standokan

May 28, 2009
...wait a minute, that video actually had quite some quality, I still hate Farmville though.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I have no damned clue what I just saw?

Lady GaGa and FarmVille? What?

Really guys, this is starting to sound like bad fanfiction.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
What is this...I don't even...If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I just... growing plastic jewels? Wait, Farmville made Lady Gaga bling jesus?

Hey, anybody here a REAL farmer? Can they say what they think of this?

Well, if nothing else, I have to admit Lady Gaga is a genius who knows how to keep people talking about her, and thus relevant. Even if nothing she does ever makes any sense.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
Well....at least its not GTA:Gaga.

Not G. Ivingname said:
Well, if nothing else, I have to admit Lady Gaga is a genius who knows how to keep people talking about her, and thus relevant. Even if nothing she does ever makes any sense.
You might even say she has a team of people who have a vested interest in keeping her famous(Did Dali do the same or was he enough on his own?)

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
...What. What just happened. That was... odd. Someone help me; I'm terrified.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
HankMan said:
I want your soybeans, and I want you cabbage
You and me could grow some better plants
Wow Wow Wow
Grow grow turnips baby
Work it
Move that tractor crazy
Grow grow onions baby
Work it
Imma Freak farmer baby!

...*Cough*

OT: That ending...I'm not sure what I just saw. Gotta wonder if those are real fruits that they wasted gluing rhinestones and shit to them. Feel sorry for that horse too.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
Could someone please remove the spikes I just jammed into my eyes and stab me in the ears with them? Thanks.

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
... that was pretty funny. I still won't touch farmville though.