Modern Warfare 3 Arrives November for Its Annual Tour of Duty

allistairp

Apr 22, 2011
Modern Warfare 3 Arrives November for Its Annual Tour of Duty

Recent retail listings suggest fans won't have to wait long for the much-anticipated Modern Warfare 3's release.

After [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110018-Modern-Warfare-3-Blows-Up-Brooklyn-London-and-Mogadishu"]leaked details[/a] and [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110049-Four-Modern-Warfare-3-Teasers-Invade-the-World"]official teaser trailers[/a], the latest entry in the series, Modern Warfare 3, has a supposed release date: November 8, 2011.

For those following the series closely over the years, this shouldn't come as a shock. After all, the past three entries in the series were released the same week in November. Activision hasn't confirmed the release date, but Amazon, leaked promotional materials and various retailers have listed the date and the game's $59.99 price tag - you know, the price any big budget title has these days.

Not much is known about MW3 at this time. What we do know is that the game is being jointly developed by newcomer Sledgehamer Games, FPS veterans Raven Software and a post-layoffs Infinity Ward. The campaign will continue to follow Soap and Price, now on the run from Interpol, and will possibly feature shoots outs in a decimated New York City, if this [a href="http://www.fpstime.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/mw3timecover.jpg"] controversial GameStop pre-order bonus[/a] is anything to go by.

At the rate that MW3 information leaks are coming in, perhaps we won't have to wait until E3 for in-game footage.

Source: [a href="http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/16/report-modern-warfare-3-release-date-leaked.aspx"]Game Informer[/a]

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
.....Dedicated servers? Please? MW2's matchmaking sucked so much...Honestly, I'm fine with matchmaking, just do it right. If it takes minutes after hitting "find game" for me to find a game, your doing it wrong. Dedicated Servers would make everything alright though.

....which is why they probably won't include them. Oh well, still might get it, and hey, Battlefield 3!

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
I'll get it, but I hope it doesn't become an EA sports thing, with a new one every year. Although it's been doing that for the last, what, 4 years?

EDIT: I'm still optimistic that someone in Activision is saying "Man, we have all these games just happening to come out at the same time of year, ever year! Someone is going to think that's all we are about!"... But I doubt it

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
The Cheezy One said:
I'll get it, but I hope it doesn't become an EA spors thing, with a new one every year. Although it's been doing that for the last, what, 4 years?
Too late! "An EA Sports type release" is exactly what I'll call all of the Call of Duty games since Modern Warfare 1.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
The Cheezy One said:
I'll get it, but I hope it doesn't become an EA spors thing, with a new one every year. Although it's been doing that for the last, what, 4 years?
Which means it already is "An EA Sports type release".

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
Delusibeta said:
The Cheezy One said:
Too late! "An EA Sports type release" is exactly what I'll call all of the Call of Duty games since Modern Warfare 1.
Just wait until Black Ops 2 and then Modern Warfare 2013.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Can someone clarify this for me: Activision is hanging on by exactly two threads right now, namely: MW3 and WoW, right? If MW3 tanks, Blizzard will officially be the only thing keeping Activision standing, since the latter shut down Guitar Hero and haven't released any other successful game since Blops? Or is there something I'm unaware of?

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
And so finally we shall see MODERN WARFARE 3: SOLID SOAP!
I plan for this to be my last Call of Duty, so hoepfully they'll give it their all.

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
I still haven't seen any gameplay, perks, maps, or gun damage. Those are the details that are important in my decision to buy this game.

Sud0_x

Dec 16, 2009
I read a "leaked" run-down of the plot and most of the major events, if any of it turns out to be true the game will pretty much be an unintentional parody of itself to the EXTREME, here's hoping!

Still, as long as they've got the multiplayer set I doubt anyody will care, nobody buys Call of Duty solely for singleplayer any more unless they hate themselves. I remember MW2 had quite a few problems with glitches/exploits and a general totally unbalanced nature (that still continues today) on top of the poor overall choices they made with the design of the thing. Hopefully they get on top of things pretty quickly, I don't know how many people they can afford to piss off this time.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
Korten12 said:
koroem said:
Korten12 said:
Hope to see gameplay soon. :D
Do you honestly expect it to look or play any different than any of the other ones from the past couple years?
No, but hopefully improvements and additions.
I'm not trying to be rude, sarcastic, or facetious, but what in particular or generally even are people hoping for? Graphic overhaul? New gameplay modes?

I don't understand what people want from this series anymore.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Can someone clarify this for me: Activision is hanging on by exactly two threads right now, namely: MW3 and WoW, right? If MW3 tanks, Blizzard will officially be the only thing keeping Activision standing, since the latter shut down Guitar Hero and haven't released any other successful game since Blops? Or is there something I'm unaware of?
Yes, although, hanging by a thread is perhaps not the most apt metaphor. How about suspended above two solid gold pillars? That would give more of an indication of how well they're doing.

And, I'm not getting it. I'm not getting it. I'm not not not getting it. I will not subject myself to that disappointment again.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
koroem said:
Korten12 said:
koroem said:
Korten12 said:
Hope to see gameplay soon. :D
Do you honestly expect it to look or play any different than any of the other ones from the past couple years?
No, but hopefully improvements and additions.
I'm not trying to be rude, sarcastic, or facetious, but what in particular or generally even are people hoping for? Graphic overhaul? New gameplay modes?

I don't understand what people want from this series anymore.
new game modes, new guns, new features such as little additions, maybe more customization? There is various things I want from it but I can't honestly say specifics more then general ideas.

Also I want mostly out of all: FUN!

:D