Capcom Wants You to Hunt Monsters With Your iPhone

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Capcom Wants You to Hunt Monsters With Your iPhone

Apparently the iPhone and iPad are great at taking down monsters. Who knew?

Capcom has ported the Monster Hunter games to just about every system under the sun. Now, though, the series is arguably getting its widest release ever: Capcom is putting it out for iOS devices.

The game is going to be called Monster Hunter: Dynamic Hunting and will offer "a new intuitive control system ... eschewing the typical D-pad." Basically, this is how it will work:

Players swing their weapon ... by tapping the target with one finger. Blocks can be performed by tapping the screen with two fingers while evading is accomplished by sliding two fingers left or right. Basic movement can be accomplished by sliding a single finger, left or right.

Not much has been revealed about the game yet, including a release date or price point. Presumably, the game will be on display at E3 next month, where some more information will be unveiled.

Source: Joystiq

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
As challenging as the Monster Hunter series is, it usually requires some very fine motor controls.

I can't see this working out well.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
WHY? I think they should be putting more time into making the english version of Portable 3rd!

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Xyphon said:
Now how about a Monster Hunter on the PS3, Capcom? TT_TT
That would be nice actually. I like the way you think.

Also that emote is easier to make in Korean. ㅠ.ㅠ :D

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
theultimateend said:
Xyphon said:

Too bad I see nothing but numbered blocks when it comes to foreign characters. >,>

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I dont see this working well but who knows, I mean stranger control schemes have worked.... I guess

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So theyre basically porting parts of the first game to the iPhone and there is still no english release of Portable 3rd which has been pirated to the 23rd hell because Capcom takes so long to release it?

Now i know Capcom is unvieling a new game at E3, if that is Portable 3rd i will not be amused.

capt.fodder

Sep 6, 2009
So help me Capcom, if you're working on this rubbish instead of a swanky Portable 3rd "G" version with English... GRRRRR.

On the other hand, if this iOS thing is just some extra crap on the side, well, I don't care. Don't expect me to buy it, mind you, but I don't care.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Xyphon said:
theultimateend said:
Xyphon said:

Too bad I see nothing but numbered blocks when it comes to foreign characters. >,>
Missing out on a world of fun :(.

ㅎㅎ looks like a very disapproving man.

See? :D

bomblord

Mar 16, 2011
Wooow and people were complaining the controls wouldn't work on the 3ds )_)

Also PLEASE BRING TO 3DS