Conan's 3rd Birthday Means Free Stuff, Bonus XP

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Conan's 3rd Birthday Means Free Stuff, Bonus XP

Funcom wants you back, baby, and it's willing to change. Well, not really, but it'll reactivate your Age of Conan account and give you bonus XP.

Funcom is celebrating Age of Conan's third birthday, and it wants you to take part in it. Even if you're no longer an active player, Funcom's OK with that. The developer has revealed that it's got a ton of goodies for players to claim.

Funcom revealed that it's reactivated all the inactive accounts in the game through the end of May. On top of that, active subscriptions have access to some free potions that will boost PvE, PVP, and alternate advancement XP. These potions are also available until the end of May.

On top of all this, Funcom has a sweepstakes for the game's birthday celebration. Prizes include free game, original in-game content, and the "Rise of the Godslayer" expansion pack. So, if you've been debating getting back into Age of Conan, maybe this is a good time to do so ... seeing as how it's free and all.

Source: Massively

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I've been tempted to get back for a while now. I played it about 2 months before WotLK's release when I was still in my WoW sabbatical, and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the game. No matter how super crappy the launch was, they seem to have fixed a whoooole lot of issues. Rise Of The Godslayer looks pretty fun as well.

And well, if it's free now, AoC here I come. Who knows, I might subscribe for another month or two.

Edit: Awww, I thought they already did it. Right after posting this I was going to start downloading the game. Ah well, I'll have patience.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I wish if it was free for ever, I would play it. Loved it but couldn't keep paying.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Khushal said:
Just another game crushed by the MMO abomination that is WOW...

Always did wonder if people were still playing this... Or Tabula Rasa... Or Warhammer Online...
I think Tabula Rasa bit the dust.

FlaktheFox said:
Wait... People actually still play Conan?
I think so... I don't know why.

OT: Thanks but no thanks. I'm good with Warcraft thank you.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im temped to try this out, one reason I left the game was that I didnt have a dx10 system so it didnt look as good as it could and now Im rocking windows 7 so this might be a good time to see how pretty that game can be

Kellerb

Jan 20, 2009
Well, it Is free.

what the heck, it cant hurt. here's for trying the used and abused.

DEATHROAD

May 14, 2008
CM156 said:
Khushal said:
Just another game crushed by the MMO abomination that is WOW...

Always did wonder if people were still playing this... Or Tabula Rasa... Or Warhammer Online...
I think Tabula Rasa bit the dust.
It did.. man i miss tabula rasa.. i usually quit games and then hear about them going bust but tabula rasa was the first game i was playing at the time of it going bust.. *sigh*

OT: AoC has always been my guilty pleasure, whenever i go through a wow hating phase (Usually after a big patch since im a hermit who hates change) ill hop back over to AoC for a week to remind me how good i have it on wow, but now im playing rift, so i guess wow will become my new AoC :D

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
I actually really enjoyed AoC. Sadly, my friends did not. One of my friends, had a particular memory leak issue with an Ati card, so he couldn't do any dungeons with us. Once he stopped, that started the ball rolling for us to all go back to WoW. You play where your friends play, after all.

I've been sorely tempted to fire up my old Tempest of Set, but time is a scarce commodity for me these days.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Hm, despite this article it seems they haven't actually started this event yet. At least my account isn't re-activated. C'mon Funcom, there are people you managed to lure in, don't disappoint us now.