Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Pre-Orders Award Early Weapon Unlocks

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Pre-Orders Award Early Weapon Unlocks

Pre-ordering Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One at specific retailers will ensure you can turn enemies into sheep or baby dinosaurs from the get-go.

Insomniac Games has revealed the official release date for Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One [http://www.amazon.com/Ratchet-Clank-All-One-Playstation-3/dp/B003O6E620/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305929853&sr=8-1] as October 18. Additionally, depending on where customers pre-order, they'll be able to unlock a powerful weapon at the very beginning of the game.

[video=3275]

Amazon pre-orders get the T-Rex Morph Weapon Mod that transforms enemies into baby dinosaurs. Best Buy features a Kerchu-engineered Flamethrower. Fan-favorite Mr. Zurkon, a hovering robot that insults enemies as he blasts them, can be found at GameStop. Finally, Walmart was blessed with the classic Sheepinator Morph Weapon Mod, which turns enemies into sheep.

Just to clarify, Insomniac has apparently not divvied these weapons up as retailer-exclusives. If it did, that'd be totally wrong and awful. Instead, the bonuses are painted as "early unlocks," so players that don't pre-order from Walmart can still presumably unlock the Sheepinator later in the game. Phew.

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One slightly changes the formula of the series by allowing up to four players to join each other in drop-in drop-out online or offline co-op. Players take on the roles of Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark, or the nefarious Dr. Nefarious. The quartet are caught in a mysterious machine thanks to one of Nefarious' backfired plots and forced to work together to escape.

Again, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One will be available for the PlayStation 3 on October 18 in North America. I'd go for the dinosaur gun, myself.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Seriously, anything Ratchet and Clank and I'm buying it!

The Sheepinator is an older game weapon anyway so I'd be 99% sure it was available in the game later on.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
You get the weapons later in the game anyway? That's cool then.

What isn't cool is the title. Numbers =/= letters, yet everyone from Prince to F.E.A.R forgets that.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
So even if you don't pre order, you can still unlock the weapon(s) as you play normally? If you could kill the dinosaur and sheep, that would make the pre order better...if you're a big fan of R&C, that is.

KishinZero

Nov 22, 2010
Wait, October 18?! That's my birthday! I am so going to get the flamethrower though. It's made by Kerchu tech. They always have the best weapons.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
well, that sounds a surefire way to unbalance the game, much like on the first one. Replay with the ryno? sounds fair

Sgt Pepper

Dec 7, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
Just to clarify, Insomniac has apparently not divvied these weapons up as retailer-exclusives. If it did, that'd be totally wrong and awful. Instead, the bonuses are painted as "early unlocks," so players that don't pre-order from Walmart can still presumably unlock the Sheepinator later in the game. Phew.
If this is true then Insomniac is showing everyone else how pre-order bonuses should be done, rewarding people who do pre-order yet not punishing those who don't or can't by locking any content away (and no matter how trivial a retailer-exclusive pre-order bonus is it's still wrong imo to lock it away like that).

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
This isn't the first time, check their promotion for A Crack in Time, you get the Cryo Glove unlocked for free at the start. Though it wasn't that useful.

But I'm going to get it because its Ratchet and Clank, and Insomniac does this genera extremely well.

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
So, let me get this straight: Batman Arkham City and All 4 One are coming out on the same day?

?

Sorry, Batman, Ratchet comes first.

blue heartless

Legacy
Aug 28, 2005
Haha nefarious Dr. Nefarious. Amazing. I won't pre-order it though. No PS3. Shame really, the series is one of my favorites.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Ratchet and clank unlocks are awesome and really add fun to the games. I would be a sad day if they were used as pre-order bait or worse locked up as DLC.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Oh thank god for a second there I thought I would be forced to pre-order just to have my beloved Mr Zurkon.

Also for some reason I can't watch the trailer, it just keeps playing the ads over and over again.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Hmm...one more reason to pre-order. I was gonna do it anyway.

Though I would have wanted the title to be related to a pun. Ya know, Going Commando, a Crack in Time, Size Matter...and then All 4 One. Eh! How about Foursome Fun or...something.

...I'm still getting the game. Just sayin'.

mariofan1000

Sep 25, 2009
...I dunno, I just like Ratchet and Clank as a solo game.

Though this means I can invite my buddies over to play some with me.