French Filmmakers Go Back Into the Matrix

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
French Filmmakers Go Back Into the Matrix

However much you might dislike Keanu Reeves, you don't hate him as much as this guy does.

Raphael Hernandez and Savitri Joly-Gonfard, pair of French directors and special effects artists, have put together a stunning fan film set in the same world as the Wachowski's Matrix movies. The film, called "Kaydara," tells the story of another human hero who is convinced that "The One" is actually the last thing that humanity needs, and should be killed on sight.

Of course, that's easily said than done, as The One is the proud bearer of superhuman powers, both inside and outside of the Matrix. Luckily, Kaydara, the titular hero, is no slouch when it comes to telekinetic martial arts tomfoolery either, and with the aid of his brother, Iad, he tracks downs humanity's supposed savior and challenges him to a fight.

While Kaydara isn't going to revolutionize the way we think about the Matrix movies, or make up for Reloaded and Revolutions, there are certainly worse ways to spend a spare hour. The visual effects are stunning, something that's obvious from the moment the film starts properly - which is after the part with the rat, in case you were wondering - and the fight choreography isn't bad either. Unfortunately, the dialogue isn't so hot, but let's face it, the talking was never really the interesting part of the Matrix movies.

Source: Nerdcore [http://www.crackajack.de/2011/05/22/kaydara-55min-matrix-fanfilm/]

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
OutrageousEmu said:
Am i really the only one who liked Matrix Reloaded?
I liked it.
Honestly, I found the fight scenes in reloaded to be amazing, watch the matrix one if you like story with martial arts, matrix reloaded if you like extended fight scenes, matric revolutions if you like mecha.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Ehh, looking pretty and being good are two very different things. The story, the acting and the damn script writing are all pretty poor. You'd have thought that they'd get someone to write it to a decent degree considering all the work they put in.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
While i can't say that i REALLY liked it, it was visually a nice stunt/special effects show.

That said, as a standalone movie i'd liked it better, the plot felt more like an animated spinoff than a true sequel, and most of the movie was spent on pure filler.

Visulth

Jun 25, 2009
Sparrow said:
Ehh, looking pretty and being good are two very different things. The story, the acting and the damn script writing are all pretty poor. You'd have thought that they'd get someone to write it to a decent degree considering all the work they put in.
Yeah it blows my mind how poor the English was. I mean, sure, grammatically it was fine, but they really didn't have time to or money to shell out for someone to make a decent localization?

Kaydara: "They have superior firepower!"
Brother: "We are doing badly!"

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Not great, but I've seen worse.

Although their Neo lookalike looks more like Wesker than anything.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Reloaded? Wasn't bad. On its own was pretty good. But not as good as the first movie.

I don't even want to remember Revolutions.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
I liked Reloaded but utterly hated Revolutions.

OT: At first I thought the title shown on the video was 'Gaydar', lol (i just woke up, give me a break ;) )

I'll take a look at this when I get the chance.

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
The CGE were pretty good, but seriously, the acting? The dialogue?

"Give me your spoon!" Oh..Oh that's painful.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Abedeus said:
OutrageousEmu said:
Reloaded? Wasn't bad. On its own was pretty good. But not as good as the first movie.

I don't even want to remember Revolutions.
Ninja'd. Reloaded is not bad. The fight scenes are cool and the highway sequence is excellent. Story is quite weak, and overall it is inferior to the first one. Unfortunately, it also signaled that the Wachowskis had no idea what to do with the story after the first, indicating the trainwreck that would come in the third movie. Because of this, Reloaded's merits tend to get overshadowed.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
Why could he fly outside of the matrix?
Why try to kill the one?
Why did his brother try to stab the one?
The sound wasn't synced.
The action was good.