Hilarious Face Actor Tackles More Videogame Voices

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Hilarious Face Actor Tackles More Videogame Voices

From the obscure to the mainstream, no game is immune from the curse of bad dialogue.

It's a pretty simple idea, you take some bad voice acting, and then lip sync to it, throwing in some hilariously overacting facial expressions to ramp up the humor, and as Dean Lauderdale neatly demonstrates with his second collection of bad, stupid, or just outright bizarre clips, there's no shortage of material to work with.

In the description for the video, Lauderdale indicates that a lot of the clips he used in the episode came from audience suggestions. The episode sees more from some old favourites, like the treasure trove of bad voice acting that is Resident Evil, as well as some high-profile newcomers like Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Devil May Cry. It just goes to show that even good games can be guilty of having some less-than-amazing voices from time to time.

There's a lot to like there, although my personal favorites have to be the clip from MGS2 about the box, and the clip from Warcraft 3 about the blood. Just watch the video; you'll see what I mean.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/even-more-fun-with-terrible-voice-acting-in-games-201936.phtml]

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I love when Metal Gear references the absurdity of its cardboard boxes. There's a brilliant codec conversation in MGS3 where Big Boss says he feels destined to be in cardboard boxes, makes me laugh every time.
Was that Warcraft III dialogue real? It seems... too stupid, even in the face of the other clips.

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
The dynasty warrior hair was probably my favorite bit, the rest was awesome too.... just....the hair.

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Truly-A-Lie said:
I love when Metal Gear references the absurdity of its cardboard boxes. There's a brilliant codec conversation in MGS3 where Big Boss says he feels destined to be in cardboard boxes, makes me laugh every time.
Was that Warcraft III dialogue real? It seems... too stupid, even in the face of the other clips.
Yes the clip is real, but it's one of the joke dialog that happens when you click a unit multiple times

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Wow, I love these!

Such a pity I've not come across too many of these lines in their native habitat though.

Karinnare

Dec 2, 2010
Truly-A-Lie said:
I assume so since it turned up on IMDB. :)

As it's the case with other Blizz strategies, if you click on an unit repeatedly, it starts getting annoyed and talks back to you; sometimes in anger, sometimes with a funny line ... it's a nice feature I enjoyed while playing SC and SC2.

In all truth, they're quite funny. Here's two more I stumbled upon:

Prince Kael'Thas: This is preposterous! Am I to assault the undead with nothing but sticks and harsh language?

Night Elf Runner: When you care enough to send the very best... Send someone else.

Stevey M

Technobabbler
Feb 11, 2009
Truly-A-Lie said:
Yeah, like the guy above said. If you click on a unit multiple times it eventually comes out with a jokey piece of dialogue.

Edit: My favourite is the Dark Ranger's. "I went on a job interview the other day and they were like 'uhh, what's that smell?' and I was like, 'Oh, sorry, it's me'. And then they said they didn't think I'd be able to fit in with the other employees, 'cause they're living and, you know, I'm dead, so I wouldn't be a team player. But then I said I could work 24 hours. And they said 'Oh, right. You could work the graveyard shift'."

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
nexekho said:
Much better than the first imo.
I dunno, the first one was a bit more understated and that made it funnier for me. In this one he was putting his own jokes on top which isn't as effective.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
A MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS

This guy is amazing. Still, though, nothing here beats:

WE DID IT

WE DEACTIVATED THE BOMB

(Still disappointed at the lack of HALP! CRUSAEDARS AR ATTACKING AHR TRAED ROOTS)

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
17, mainly due to his face, is just pure brilliance.

"Probably all of the kids that were killed here!"