Brace Yourself For The Baconing

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Brace Yourself For The Baconing

Hothead Games is warning gamers far and wide to prepare themselves for an epic adventure so unlike anything they've experienced before that it can only be - it must be - The Baconing.

The Baconing. It is not just the name of a new videogame from Hothead. Neither is it merely the greatest name for a videogame ever conceived by those who make videogames. No, it is the name of a videogame chosen by those who make videogames when they discover that the domain name they originally chose has already been registered by someone else. It sizzles, it crackles; it spits hot grease on your bare skin. And it is awesome.

[video=3315]

"With an epic name such as The Baconing we didn't want to detract from one of the most memorable videogame names in history, so we created a trailer that shows only the title logo," explained Bob from marketing. "This trailer explains half of the story about how we arrived at this name, the other half of this story is down to one of our loyal fans."

The powerful retelling of the mythology of the Bacon Fires will feature "old friends and new acquaintances" in a "high-profile" adventure, promises Hothead. It will also be fun. The exciting new game is currently in development for the PC, Mac and other platforms, and is scheduled for release in late summer 2011. Don't miss it!

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
It does make you wonder what the game could be about. But at least it's a title you won't forget about.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I have no idea what that game is about, nor do I know what it could be about, but that is the best trailer I have seen in a very long time none the less.

Not just for the epic name either, as I about spit up my coffee when I heard the word "crap" said in that spooky tone.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Does Epic Meal Time have anything to do with this?

They should.
This.
Also O_O WAT

So... Is this a real game? What could a game called "the baconing" be about? I assume it's going to be funny, but what's its REAL purpose?

AwesomeFerret

Apr 28, 2010
Take my money NAO! I don't care what the game is about, it's called "The Baconing"! I want to find out what it's about, and enjoy the hamminess it entails!

Steven Kilpatrick

Apr 6, 2010
The joy for me is that I am that loyal fan. I also only had to register five hundred or so other suggested titles to keep them from being selected over my own. Totally worth it.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Even if the game absoulutely sucks (which I doubt), it would still get 4 stars for having one of the greatest titles ever. The only titles that compete (based on title alone and my knowledge of their existence) are Doom (because it just sounds badass) and Metal Gear (because it's extremely fun to yell in an intense, rage filled voice when you do something awesome. Seriously, try it.)

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Zero_ctrl said:
Hothead has Ron Gilbert.
Need I say more?
Unfortunately they don't anymore, he works at Double Fine now =(

Um, this is the new DeathSpank game right? I was told this is the new DeathSpank game. Is this not the new DeathSpank game? Where is my new DeathSpank game.

DEATHSPANK.

Ahem.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
HankMan said:
They're really Haming it up aren't they?
you've been saving that one for a while haven't you?

OT: With a name like the baconing i can only hope that the game involves me running around like a madman shoving bacon down the throats of peta members.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
It's a unique name that's for sure.

But what is it about? I guess only time will tell.

Captain_M

Mar 1, 2011
I lol'd.

Hothead is making games based on a certain reputation they think they have. A lot of small companies seem to be doing this, and I include Telltale, and Double Fine in with that list. Also Twisted Pixel.

Waif

MM - It tastes like Candy Corn.
Mar 20, 2010
Now this is what I am talking about. A game that is about Bacon! I don't know anything more about the game than the trailer though? Still I am curious what this may mean.

Grey_Gore

Feb 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
I totally lost it at "craaaaaap." That made my day.

You win this round, Hothead. Well played.
They had me at the premise; after all, there's very little that can top the (Bacon + Ron Gilbert + Video Game) formula in my world view.

[sub]...not to mention the sizzling sounds.[/sub]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That is truly an epic title. Makes me wonder what they had in mind before...
That trailer is really effective!
Oh, 2500th post :D