It's Games Galore at the London Comic Con

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It's Games Galore at the London Comic Con

The London Comic Con is coming this weekend and it's bringing a whole lot of cool videogaming stuff with it.

We live in a crazy, mixed-up world, but even so, some pairings are as natural as green grass and blue sky. Peanut butter and chocolate. Liz and Dick. And of course, comic books and videogames. So it is that the London Comic Con, which goes down May 27-29, will also offer up a heapin' helpin' of gaming goodness, including three titles making their European debuts.

Headlining the gaming fun at the MCM Expo London Comic Con are Arcana Heart 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Super-Street-Fighter-IV-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5NI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306443967&sr=8-1], all making their first public appearances in Europe. There will also be previews of the upcoming Red Faction Armageddon, Child of Eden, Shadows of the Damned and my personal pick of the litter, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And that's not all! Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3, Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, Lucius, Duels of the Planeswalkers and the PS3-exclusive Okabu wll all be on display, while Atari rolls out the world premiere of its Warlords remake, due out this summer. Creative Assembly is holding a retrospective look at the strategy game Shogun 2: Total War, there will be a multiplayer Red Faction Armageddon tournament and even a Super Street Fighter IV cosplay competition. Nintendo is showing up and so is Microsoft, to show the upcoming Gears of War 3. Oh, and I suppose there will probably some comic books, too.

If that sounds like a jam-packed weekend of awesome to you and you're going to be in London for the next few days, be sure not to miss it. More information about the 2011 MCM Expo London Comic Con is available at londonexpo.com [http://www.londonexpo.com/].

nicksdrago0

Nov 20, 2010
Well, this things been the only thing keeping me though my exams, and its only 2 more days :3

Loving the games games games, but really gonna see it for billy west.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Ah, hell. I was meant to be going but decided not to 'cos they were so late in announcing the games lineup. Now there's a bunch of stuff I'd like to see, but mainly Child Of Eden. Time to see about rearranging my plans for the weekend.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
I wonder how many people will go dressed as Cloud this year. Should be good fun though! Can't wait to get my hands on some of those games.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
Hey, remember when comic con was about comics?

Nope, me neither.
Was it ever just a comic con, though? I mean, yeah, comics are part of it, but it's been a multi-genre, multimedia thing for as long as I've known of its existence.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
We live in a crazy, mixed-up world, but even so, some pairings are as natural as green grass and blue sky. Peanut butter and chocolate.
This concept of peanut butter and chocolate scares and intrigues me...

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Damn, wish I could have gone to this one. Never mind, I'll go to the expo in October, gives me a while to save some money for it as well.

Jul 22, 2009
I'm so excited, I wasn't going to go then I won two tickets off of THQ <3

I'll only be going for the Saturday but there's still plenty I get to see :3

Can't wait! :D

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
After last year's London Expo I was so looking forward to ComicCon. Why on earth am I not going?!