Section 8: Prejudice Launches New DLC

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Section 8: Prejudice Launches New DLC

TimeGate's got a couple of brand new maps for Section 8: Prejudice, and it's giving players some extra experience points to celebrate, too.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/8899-Section-8-Prejudice-Review>Section 8: Prejudice is TimeGate's surprisingly solid follow-up to its hit-or-miss shooter Section 8. Now, the game is getting even better thanks to a new expansion, dubbed Overdrive, that's just been released.

The expansion includes two new maps: "Abaddon" and "Sky Dock". Abaddon includes a power plant that's built on top of a lava field and is apparently surrounded by magma craters. Sky Dock, meanwhile, features "a crucial military base and space port nestled in the frozen tundra."

TimeGate is also holding a double-XP weekend to celebrate the DLC's online launch. The double-XP will be available from Friday, June 3rd through Monday, June 6th.

The pack is selling for 320 MS Points ($4) and is available for both the PC and 360 versions of the game. No word yet on the PS3 version, though it's safe to assume that this is partially due to the fact that the PlayStation Store hasn't come back online yet (though this will probably change <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110501-Sony-Announces-PlayStation-Stores-Triumphant-Return>when the store launches later this week).

Source: <a href=http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Section-8-Prejudice-Overdrive-Map-Pack/323df466-736b-49e3-8fdb-64533ccbf69d?cid=search>Xbox

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
considering the game costs a massive $15, and I now see it is in fact getting supported, I think I may have to get it in time for this double xp weekend, and possibly get the dlc, too.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Grey_Focks said:
considering the game costs a massive $15, and I now see it is in fact getting supported, I think I may have to get it in time for this double xp weekend, and possibly get the dlc, too.
The game is really great! GET IT! :D

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Korten12 said:
Grey_Focks said:
I wasn't a huge fan of the single player campaign, but I love the multiplayer modes.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
vansau said:
Korten12 said:
Grey_Focks said:
I wasn't a huge fan of the single player campaign, but I love the multiplayer modes.
Yeah the Multi is where this game is really at.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
I love the multiplayer, but the game still has some annoying connectivity issues. At least they sorted out the hardlocking problem on the 360.

EDIT: I hope the giant mech in the picture has something to do with the DLC.