Uncharted 3 Co-op Trailer Takes Nate Drake to New Heights

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Uncharted 3 Co-op Trailer Takes Nate Drake to New Heights

Nathan Drake and Sully are going to have to work on their upper arm strength for Uncharted 3.

Uncharted's Nate Drake is a busy man. He's traipsing around the world looking for treasure, he's romancing the ladies, he's making sure his hair is absolutely perfect, and he still needs to find time to practice his gunfighting and hit the gym - at least, he better, judging by the time he spends hanging from things and/or being shot at.

[video=3379]

From this glimpse at the co-op mode in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, that won't be changing anytime soon. Drake and his pal Sully are having to run and gun their way through ancient ruins yet again, facing impossible odds and improbably surviving close-range explosions.

What's cool about this trailer is the very end, where we see some nice-looking vertical level design and gunplay as Drake and Sully scale a tower and return fire on well-entrenched foes. I'm not going to question the mechanics of how one would feasibly use a zoom scope while clinging to a wall, but the gunfights themselves look damn entertaining.

The graphics don't seem quite up to par in this trailer - at least, not as good as what we've seen of Uncharted 3 thus far - but it's still way too early in the development cycle to really complain about that.

Uncharted 2 experimented with co-op play online, but it was always really an afterthought. Let's hope that Uncharted 3 delivers some meatier fare here for fans of playing cooperatively with friends.

(GTTV [http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/123])

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
After thought?

I find Uncharted 2's co-op rather amazing. Especially for Naughty Dog's first effort with online play.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
After thought?

I find Uncharted 2's co-op rather amazing. Especially for Naughty Dog's first effort with online play.
Yeah...I mean, they had fully voiced cutscenes and everything. I preferred the co-op modes to the death matches, actually.

I want this game really bad, though. ;-;

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
CommanderKirov said:
Is it me or do these guns sound very very odd?
Nope not really the old guns like the FAL sound the same as they did in the last game and the new ones don't sound that weird. What I thought was weird was the enemies having the same death scream as they did in the last one. Would be funny if they just injected the Wilhelm scream at random moments in the game.

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
Good thing you touched upon the graphics, I have to say the ending bit looks quite bad. Hopefully this'll be fixed in the actual game.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
Co-op is a nice option for those who love it.

LOL did anyone else look at Nate's legs at 1:00 when he's running up the stairs? XD

Watch it again.

gekidoslair

Aug 24, 2009
yeah looks like the IK on the legs does some wierd stuff at one point - hard to say if it's the compression on the video or the actual content, but didn't look nearly as detailed as I've come to expect with Uncharted. Not like they have to really reduce the amount of detail in the game for those modes - not like it's a 32 player multiplayer game or something that they need to balance for.

Here's to hoping that they haven't finished adding all of the details ;}

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
Kopikatsu said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
After thought?

Yeah...I mean, they had fully voiced cutscenes and everything. I preferred the co-op modes to the death matches, actually.

I want this game really bad, though. ;-;
Same here. I barely touched the competitive modes, but I remember having some fantastic times on the coop modes.

This trailer only showed off two players, I hope they'll still include 3 players. Looks damn good though.