Nintendo Hints At Big Kirby-related Announcement This Week

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Nintendo Hints At Big Kirby-related Announcement This Week

Nintendo officials are urging families to gather at a handful of conspicuous locations around the U.S. Thursday to bear witness to a series of mysterious skyward events. All signs point to a certain adorable pink blob [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirby_(Nintendo)] with a voracious appetite for inanimate objects and living beings alike.

Promising a "spectacular, star-filled display visible from Earth" and a "luminous spectacle that onlookers from coast to coast will be talking about," the gaming giant sent out word today of four locations where the mystery events will unfold in a matter of days.

"Authorities at Nintendo are forecasting an extraordinary celestial event this season. Expected to be visible on Sept. 18, this eye-popping occurrence will be best viewed from a handful of specific U.S. locations," according to the news release. "Experts are still deliberating over the scientific significance of this rare phenomenon, but evidence points clearly to the reemergence of a luminous entity that citizens from all walks of life will appreciate."

Hmm. Reemergence of a luminous entity? The precise nature of the upcoming occurrence is intentionally vague, but the prescribed locations seem more than mere happenstance. Behold, the optimal sites to view the impending Nintendo revelation:

- Kirby Middle School - 1328 28th Street, Birmingham, AL 35234
- Kirby Historical Mill - 275 Church Road, Medford, NJ 08055
- Kirby Park - 301 Northampton Street, Kingston, PA 18704
- Kirby Gate Shopping Center - 6548 Quince, Memphis, TN 38119

Viewing time is between 8:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. C.D.T. and 9:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. E.D.T. at each location and within the surrounding one-mile radius. Suspicious Indeed. What could all this mean? Venture your best guess, and post it below!

ert47

Feb 28, 2008
Personally, i dont think this would be kirby related... but im just being sarcastic.

Kirby Wii game? or have nintendo finally learnt that kirby only works in 2D?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
YAYY! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMBM5DkUpj8]

Er.. I hope this turns out to be good news in the end, anyway, We need a new good Kirby title.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
ert47 post=7.71688.733269 said:
Personally, i dont think this would be kirby related... but im just being sarcastic.

Kirby Wii game? or have nintendo finally learnt that kirby only works in 2D?
Aside from average racing and sports knock-offs, when has he not been in more or less 2-d platforming?

I was also tempted to say it was Mario's fat arse landing from recent adventures in space. But that time has come for Nintendo to fall back on its stale franchises.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Kirby can work in 2.5D - plus, I bet Kirby can make the jump to 3D...I mean, other than the "knock offs" and "spinoffs" - I just don't think Kirby can be in a bad game.

*knocks on wood for safety*

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Kirby can do no wrong! I would consider buying a wii for this.
On second thought, no I wouldn't. But Kirby is always good news.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
conqueror Kenny post=7.71688.735738 said:
Kirby can do no wrong! I would consider buying a wii for this.
On second thought, no I wouldn't. But Kirby is always good news.
Yeah... Nintendo would be smart to make this Kirby related

having it be anything else would be a huge mistake for their marketing team