E3: Sony Press Conference Liveblog

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
"Microsoft displayed everyone's Xbox Live avatars before their press conference. Sony's going to display everyone's credit card number."
Hahahha... Niicceeee...

Seriously though Sony is gonna need to pull out all the stops here... Though after Microsoft's one... The competition isn't too stiff right now.

But then again... You're really not gonna win any one over with more 3D stuff

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
And people say Nintendo's the one pushing the 3D gimmick...

Here's hoping for something interesting. Most likely new info on Uncharted 3, but what else? Sony will probably be the most... interesting.

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Sly Cooper 4 would be great to see. Sony should have well rounded solid showing.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Good to see Sony being honest and sincere with everyone on the break in. Lord knows I'd have a hard time trying to make an intruder proof door when some criminal gang made it their goal to bash it in every day.

Sony are the good guys here. Opinions can go both ways on the Geohotz case whether they were right or wrong, but at this point anyone still for these hackers is stupid and should have their anonymity stripped from them like the hackers deserve.

-also Sly Cooper and 3D splitscreen WITHOUT the split part? Damn. If I had that kinda money I'd be all over that.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Was that a monitor that plays splitscreen without splitting the screen?
/nerdgasm
DO. WANT.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
This was exactly the right thing to do, and exactly the right way to do it. Tretton addressed the issue immediately, played it straight, and seems genuinely humble and apologetic for the issues that the security breach caused. Well done, Sony. Well done, indeed.
Observing Sony's actual behavior and statements is my preferred tonic after a mean-spirited Kohler joke, as well. ;)

Susan Arendt said:
A PlayStation branded 3d display is "perfect for dorm rooms and bedrooms". Two people playing a game will be able to see unique images - not split screen. Two people, looking at the same screen, will see two completely different images. Let that sink in for a bit.
Dreams coming true while I still breathe. I want a GT5 update with this one, kthxbai!

Susan Arendt said:
Dear Sucker Punch: Thank you for not making the Infamous 2 trailer in 3d.
/me hands Susan a Portable Temple Massagebot.

Sly? SLY COOPER? Tell me you brought a new plushie!

Dust514 sounds like an interesting thing. I wonder how close the economy and info-war aspects of Eve brush up against this one.

If anyone can solve the issues I have with run-and-gun using Move, I believe Ken Levine might be that person's Diogenes-with-a-GPS-and-the-frequency-of-his-VChip. Yeah, that's right, obscure Greek philosophy jokes about video game designers. I'm here to make that classics education pay off in more ways than one. NO LOAN REQUIRED. You're fucking welcome.

Oh yeah, one last thing...

SSX. HELLZ YES.

'nuff said.

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
Sly fucking cooper, oh hell yeah. One thing, what platform did they say it was coming on.

The 3d tv with split screen showing one screen makes me really really want to shell out 500 bucks for the bundle.

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
The 3D TV revelation may be the thing that convinces me this whole business with the glasses is viable. No, not as a displayer of 3D images, but a displayers of two different images at once. Imagine if you could just watch two different programs/play two different games at once (would probably need the aid of headphones for this)? At least I hope that this is as awesome as it sounds.

sunburst

Media Snob
Mar 19, 2010
Seems they finally made that Uncharted movie they were after.

But seriously, 1-tap platforming? That's one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:
I thought of that splitscreen thing YEARS ago.

I should have patented it!
So did the companies who made it years ago. It's been in high end cars and on air planes for several years now.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
They better bloody give some info on Kingdom Hearts 3. It's been 5 years since KH2 came out and the hype will slowly die if SE dont pop out some damn info on it soon.

LightspeedJack

May 2, 2010
Oh good we get to pay an extra $100 for the PSVita for living in Europe. I'll stick to my iPhone thanks.
Ziadaine said:
They better bloody give some info on Kingdom Hearts 3. It's been 5 years since KH2 came out and the hype will slowly die if SE dont pop out some damn info on it soon.
aww you think Square is making KH3 that's cute :')

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
NGP (I refuse to call it Vita) for less than $300? Hell yeah! Ico + Shadow of Colossus this fall? Hell yeah!
The integration between PS3 and NGP looks cool.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
In the last minutes of Vita coverage, I hear him talking about there being two models and think "please be $300 or less".
Then I hear $249.99.
GOODBYE, NINTENDO! I'M A SONY GAMER THIS COMING GENERATION! (unless Project Cafe will surprise me like this has)

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I was excited about the Vita but then I was less excited that Sony signed an exclusivity deal with AT&T for the 3G version. I live in Canada but we almost never have cheaper plans than the States, so I can only weep at what will happen if/when the Big Three offers 3G contracts for the Vita.

At least the game lineup looks better than the 3DS. I do love how comfortable my 3DS but having no games really is a huge frustration.