Facebook Fan Gets Sleeve Tattoo of Online Friends

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Facebook Fan Gets Sleeve Tattoo of Online Friends

Facebook fandom reaches a new high ... Or low ... You decide.

Odds are that we all know at least one person whom we'd describe as "obsessed" with Facebook. However, they're probably not as devoted to the site as this young woman, who had 152 profile pictures of friends tattooed across her arm.

The video is from <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/susyj87>YouTube user "susyj87"; not much information is available about her, other than the fact that she lives in the Netherlands. Exactly how long the tattoo took to complete isn't entirely clear, either. The video starts off showing the initial work that was done for preparation, and then shows off the finished work "Two Weeks Later."

On one hand, the detail work certainly looks impressive enough; this could have gone much worse if the artist hadn't been as talented as she is (seriously, check out Failbook for examples of how badly this could have gone). That said, the tattoo seems like something susyj87 didn't think out in advance. After all, what happens if she has a falling out with these friends or winds up with some new ones whom she wants to add to the tattoo (theoretically, she could have her other arm covered, but it seems like it'd take a while to accumulate enough good friends to do another sleeve)?

Hopefully susyj87 stays friends with these folks a while, because she's gonna be stuck with their faces on her arm for a long time.

Source: <a href=http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/facebook-friends-tattoo-sleeve>BuzzFeed

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
That's stupid. Facebook related tattoos are a terrible, gimmicky idea. The fact it was of pictures of her friend sounded like a somewhat redeeming part at first, but no one has 152 real friends. There is no way that many people mean enough to you to warrant a permanent place on your arm.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
Thats one tattoo that will most likely be looked back upon and regretted.
Definitely. Facebook is relatively new, we have years of bad ideas yet to come, probably worse than this one.

Edit: Many people are commenting that it's fake, I don't know much about tattoos so I can't be sure who's right.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
152 friends, and NOT ONE told her this was a bad idea. Sure they're friends? Also, here's someone guaranteed never to have an important job.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
That sounds like the worst idea ever, and someone actually did it? Wow...

mjp19xx

Oct 22, 2008
Bravo! I am quite a fan of terrible and/or poorly thought out tattoos,but this is a new one for me. At least getting Xes through some of the faces at a later date will likely be cheap.

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
I could understand one or two really good real life friends, and maybe put it higher up on your arm. Otherwise, very stupid, she will regret it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
What happens if some of them change their profile image?

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Zhukov said:
What happens if some of them change their profile image?
easy, 10 bucks and a visit to your local tattoo parlor and its fixed XD

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Jeez. Why not just get Zuckerberg's ass tattooed on her face. At least then people who mistake what it is will still draw the same conclusion.

Vault boy Eddie said:
152 friends, and NOT ONE told her this was a bad idea. Sure they're friends?
Might be personal preference, but I don't consider Facebook friends to be real friends.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Facebook status update: Ok. I just got all of you tattooed onto me. Now nobody is allowed to change their avatar pic... EVAR!

DAMN NINJA!

Edit: Good thing this wasn't myspace with friend rankings.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
It's a shame she can't just put an X over the friends she doesn't like anymore... because what if they make up?!

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
The funniest part about this article is the analysis. Will she regret it? Is it cool or stupid? Funny quip!

The only thing need be said is this: "attention whore seeks attention, succeeds". Thanks for contributing to the idiocy that defines our species