Live-Action Naruto Fan Film Looks Great. No, Really.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Live-Action Naruto Fan Film Looks Great. No, Really.

A trailer for a new live-action fan film based on Naruto looks better than most people would probably expect.

If you haven't heard about Thousand Pounds Action Company, <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/RivenX3i>you should seriously check their work out. Last year's <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-F4eCDyUU&feature=channel_video_title>Street Fighter: Beginning's End and <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108165-These-Real-Life-Street-Fighter-Combos-Will-Smash-Your-Face>Ultra Combos earned the group a lot of love on the Web. Now, the group's released a trailer for a new live action project that's in the works: Naruto Shippuden: Dreamers Fight. Aside from the fact that it proves just how goofy Naruto Uzumaki's costume looks in real life, the trailer also shows how well anime can translate to live-action, provided you're willing to put some work in.

I'm not terribly familiar with the Naruto universe in general, but the look of this trailer certainly seems in keeping with the few anime episodes I've seen. The action is in keeping with the usual high quality of Thousand Pounds' productions, and YouTube comments have also paid compliments to the accurate Japanese that's used in the trailer.

Based on the official YouTube descriptor, this film sounds like it's a bit of a love affair for the creators:

Masashi Kishimoto's Naruto Series (Manga & Anime) has heavily inspired many of us so we thought it would be cool to try and translate a fight to a live action format.

The run time should be around 20 minutes. You could say it acts as a live action filler. The battle will be between The Leaf's Naruto Uzamaki & Rock Lee and is set to release this summer. Our team has put their all into this short and we really hope Naruto fans and the creators will enjoy what we've put together!

The full-length fan film is set to go live sometime "soon" (presumably later this summer). Based on this teaser, it looks like Dreamers Fight will be a blast.

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/06/the_naruto_fan_trailer_you_have_to_see_to_believe.php>Topless Robot

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
It's made by the same people who made Thousand Pounds/Ultra Combos? Oh you know this is gonna be fucking good.

Axelhander

Feb 3, 2011
To be fair, it's not that hard to surpass original Naruto material. I did it 15 years ago writing bad fanfiction.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
All I see is a lot of "fade to black" and a few backflips.

Then again, maybe that's the concept of the fan film in a nutshell.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Live-Action Naruto Fan Film Looks great. Believe it!

That's what you should've put

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
All I see is a lot of "fade to black" and a few backflips.

Then again, maybe that's the concept of the fan film in a nutshell.
This.

Will they be covering the horrible sections where we need to know why you fight and how the X ninjas destroyed Y village and why you and Z are the only people alive.....

That sounds cliche...

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
Not bad...the main thing I'm amazed with is, and I mentioned this in the Sub-Zero videos of Mortal Kombat, is that for non-Japanese speakers, they are doing a good job with the pronunciation and speed of speech. It drives me NUTS how badly a lot of people speak Japanese with, but these guys spoke it really well.

I'm not a prick or anything, but after living in Japan a year "fake Japanese" is physically painful for me to listen to a lot of the times. >.> Scorpion in the MK shorts made me want to stick a sharp object in my ear holes anytime he spoke.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Seeing their past videoes (I love their Ultra Combo stuff) I will eagerly waiting for this to be uploaded.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I started laughing the moment I saw Naruto, but I have to admit that this looks like it might be entertaining.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I hope this turns out well. So far it has exceeded what I expected.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Well, that definitively looks like a Hollywood movie (in which characters in their early teens are played by fully grown men).