Kirby Takes To the Skies

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Kirby Takes To the Skies

Yesterday, Nintendo's "extraordinary celestial event" portending the "reemergence of a luminous entity that citizens from all walks of life will appreciate" did not usher in major news of a new Kirby release, but it did launch ample foamy pink cuteness to the skies.

In celebration of the upcoming launch of Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, Nintendo flooded the skies in four Kirby-themed locations around the U.S. with thousands of foam creations bearing the character's airy likeness. Made from a mixture of soap and helium, the bubbly cloud creations, called Flogos, are environmentally friendly.

"We gave our one-of-a-kind creations a special look for this special Nintendo character by adding coloring to our bubble mixture for the first time ever," said Greg Stanhope, Director of Sales for Flogos. "Kirby deserved a uniquely creative event."

Residents in neighborhoods near Kirby Middle School in Birmingham, AL, the historic Kirby's Mill in Medford, NJ, the Kirby Gate shopping center in Memphis, TN, and Kirby Park in Kingston, PA and attendees at the events had a rare opportunity to witness to the massive skyward Kirby exodus.

"We brought Kirby back in way that helped our 'super tuff pink puff' literally take off," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. "To date, more than 20 million Kirby games have sold worldwide, making Kirby one of our most popular characters."

Kirby Super Star Ultra will launch on Sept. 22 on Nintendo DS.

Alone Disciple

Jun 10, 2008
I wonder if Al Gore gave the approval for this?

Seems like a complete waste of time/money/fuel....begging the question: Just exactly how does this translate to game sales?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Although I am disappointed, Kirby Superstar was arguably the best title for that pink rascal, and a remake is certainly worthy of such an event.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
I want a giant soap bubble Kirby in the sky for my birthday. It's just so wonderfully pointless and excessive.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
HomeAliveIn45 post=7.71924.742842 said:
What has Science done!!! When will we learn!?!?!
**slap** When will you learn?! We do what we must... because we can... **starts humming**

On topic, what a kill-joy. Ah well, didn't affect me in the first place.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
HomeAliveIn45 post=7.71924.742842 said:
What has Science done!!! When will we learn!?!?!
This is what science is for. We research endlessly on new ways to do pointless things.

Hooray!

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
wonder if they will ever land in someones garden one day xD

that would be funny

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Angron post=7.71924.743368 said:
wonder if they will ever land in someones garden one day xD

that would be funny
And then lots of little Kirby plants would sprout up wherever they fell!

Well, probably not, but we can hope.