TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Gets Shell-Shocked on June 30th

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled Gets Shell-Shocked on June 30th

If you live in the United States and wanted to pick up Turtles in Time: Re-Shelled, your time is running out.

Thanks to an expiring license, Ubisoft told Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/23/tmnt-re-shelled-no-longer-available-in-us-after-june-30/] that its remake of the classic SNES/arcade Ninja Turtles beat-em-up Turtles in Time would no longer be available for purchase in the United States after June 30th.

Presumably, the game will still be available for purchase on XBLA and PSN after June 30th in places around the world that aren't the United States, so you Europeans and Aussies (et al) should still be good.

That said, the game itself actually kind of sucked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6376-Review-Ninja-Turtles-Turtles-In-Time-Re-Shelled], so perhaps it's for the best after all.

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/23/tmnt-re-shelled-no-longer-available-in-us-after-june-30/])

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
My childhood nostalgia is trying to blind me into a buy I don't want. Damn you memories of innocent times filled with mutant turtles!!

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
But... it's a downloadable game? Why would you prevent people from purchasing it?

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
I enjoyed the SNES version, can anyone explain to me what was so bad about the remake?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hey.

Even the inferior remake of TiT is STILL better than TMNT 1987.

Now that game has nostalgia goggles with it's fanbase.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wait...why are they doing this?? ah well, guess it wasn't that good anyway. not feeling particularly pressured to get it before it's gone

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I'd rather still play the vastly superior SNES version of the game.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Glad I got the original when EB Games was getting rid of their snes titles.

I played the demo of the remake... then deleted it, all I lost was time.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
PLayed the original as a kid as a rental and LOVED IT...Played the remake and hated it...Hoping it wasn't blind nostalgia in thinking the original was good, I bought it from a Disc Replay last year...Still just as good...So yeah bad remake...

Syphous

Apr 6, 2009
Xerosch said:
I enjoyed the SNES version, can anyone explain to me what was so bad about the remake?
All I know is there were entire levels missing. So it turned an already short game into an even shorter game.

As far as why it was "bad", I don't know. I have a friend who bought it and it played exactly the same as the SNES version imo.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Ok, I don't see why they can't do it now since that game is a sorry excuse for a substitute for the actual one.

How can you take out entire levels that were awesome and call it good?

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
I got the Demo when I first got my PS3. It's an absolutely awful remake. Why didn't they just release the arcade game? I'd gladly give them 10 bucks for that.

JMan

Jun 18, 2008
Has anyone ever really noticed how many deals and other things seem to always expire on June 30? The only reason I notice this is because my birthday is June 30.