Free Fallout From GameTap

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Free Fallout From GameTap

With about a month to go until the hotly anticipated Fallout 3 launches, why not spend some time blasting irradiated scorpions across the post-apocalyptic plains of the original?

This week, GameTap is adding the first Fallout to its roster of free-to-play titles. If you haven't already figured it out, free Fallout is just too good to pass up. The original offered a tasty mix of dark humor, turn-based strategy, and hardcore RPG action set in a futuristic American wasteland. Additionally, GameTap subscribers will now be able to check out Fallout 2.

Among a total of 143 freebies, here's a sampling of some of GameTap's classic offerings: 2020 Super Baseball, Bust-A-Move, Commandos 3: Destination Berlin, Fatal Fury, Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Lara Croft's Tomb Raider: Legend, Metal Slug 2, Psychonauts, Rampage, Sam and Max Season One: Episode 4: Abe Lincoln Must Die!, Street Fighter II: Champion Edition, Thief: Deadly Shadows, and Zoo Keeper. You can browse through the sampling at GameTap's full listing [http://www.gametap.com/games/free-games] for yourself.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
*sigh*

I really wanted to play Fallout. I tried to make a TapID, but the damn thing just wouldn't let me. I tried to play the demo, which froze up everytime.

I guess me and the original Fallout weren't meant to be.