Galactic Warfare Brings Star Wars To CoD Universe

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Galactic Warfare Brings Star Wars To CoD Universe

You got some Star Wars in my Modern Warfare ...

Let's be honest about something: Fan mods sometimes result in something that's even more amazing than the original game (remember <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.258592-Blizzard-Gives-Thumbs-Up-to-World-of-StarCraft-Mod>World of StarCraft?). Modern Warfare fans look like they're in for a pretty epic treat, as the final build of a new mod that brings the game into the Star Wars universe has just been released.

The mod is created by Black Monkeys, and reportedly took over two years to finalize. The actual game footage starts appearing about 1:20 into the trailer, and it looks pretty stunning. There's a wide variety of character types (basically, different types of soldiers in both the Empire and the Rebellion) and environments on display (including Mos Eisley, Cloud City, and what appears to be the interior of the Death Star), and they all appear pretty detailed.

I never played Modern Warfare on the PC, but this seems like a pretty great reason to start. Honestly, this seems like it's about as close to a next-gen version of Star Wars: Battlefront as players are going to get, and that's meant as nothing but a compliment. You can download the mod at either link below.

Source: Black Monkeys via <a href=http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-galactic-warfare/news/release-of-galactic-warfare-v10-final> Moddb

WizardArtist

Jul 3, 2011
LIKE IT, make me wish I was a PC gamer (if only my computer wasn't about to die).
I'm really interested in how they adapted everything from star wars to Call Of Duty's gameplay.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
*Picks up jaw of the floor* Impressive... most impressive.

Why cant there be awesome mods like this instead of those lame ass ones I see on the 360 version? I might actually buy a PC version just for this.

EvilChameleon

Oct 18, 2010
This is still one of the greatest COD mods I have ever seen. It doesn't look like COD in the video, but it FEELS like it.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
This is relatively old, there were quite a few trailers before even if it was only finalized recently. Anyway

But yeah, it's pretty awesome looking. Too bad Modern Warfare's multiplayer flat out refuses to work on my computer, despite the hours I've spent attempting to fix it.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
EverythingIncredible said:
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Bringing Call of Duty into the Star Wars Universe?
Could go either way. *shrugs*

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
my my, see how those evil pc gamers destroy the industry with their creativity and ingenuity? they should have spend the time it took to make this buying generic shooters!!!

HooterNanny

May 19, 2010
Technically, its pretty darn awesome, and amazing that thats user created content, but, weirdly I was playing Star Wars Battlefront II just today, and the gameplay was good enough to excuse the last gen graphics. Now if only they hadn't taken original xbox live down...

Still an awesome mod though :)