GOG Launches "Summer Hidden Gem" Sale

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
GOG Launches "Summer Hidden Gem" Sale

Do you like amazing games that were overlooked when they were first released? Then GOG.com has some deals for you.

GOG.com has has some pretty great sales lately, and the site is apparently determined to keep the savings coming to gamers. Today marks the beginning of the "Summer Hidden Gems" sale, which is promising some pretty solid deals for the next couple of weeks on the best games you've never heard of.

The basic concept with this sale is to promote lesser-known (but still excellent) games in the GOG.com catalog. As a result, the site is going to highlight - and discount - a "Hidden Gem" each day. Today's sale item is Sanitarium, which is arguably one of the best overlooked adventure games in the genre. The game is selling for $3.99 until 5:59 AM EST tomorrow.

The sale is running until July 25th, which means that gamers will be treated to a total of eighteen different deals.

Source: <a href=http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/?pp=123asd123asd123asd123asd123asd>GOG.com

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT MY BANK ACCOUNT REALLY NEEDS RIGHT NOW.

Steam and GOG must be in cahoots to bankrupt me. Cahoots I say!!

P.S. Sanitarium is really good. If anyone reading this has ever digged an adventure game, I'd say this is a solid purchase. But Grim Fandango is still my favorite (which ISNT available on GOG, god damn you LucasArts..)

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
MisterShine said:

P.S. Sanitarium is really good. If anyone reading this has ever digged an adventure game, I'd say this is a solid purchase. But Grim Fandango is still my favorite (which ISNT available on GOG, god damn you LucasArts..)
Agreed. I've always wanted to try Sanitarium, having heard it's really good.

Hopefully, GOG will have the Descent series on sale before long. I want to play that game again so badly.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Ogod!, looks like I will have to take that 2nd part time job if I'm going to survive for the rest of the summer...

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Great. Now I really do have to go get a new laptop so I can play this.

[sub]Mother is good... mother is right...[/sub]

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
No, I like companies that treat people with respect and don't run around majorly trolling the hell out of people over a measly site redesign. GOG will never see a penny of my money, ever. And that won't be a hard stance to keep if their offers are "hidden gems" which experience has told me are usually hidden because they really aren't that good. They just generally have a small group of very vocal fans. You know, like the opposite of when a small group of people are complaining about something so loud that you think it's a big problem when really it's not. I'll just go back over to Steam now and see what today's deals are on games I might actually care to play.

Hey look, Mafia II. Awesome.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
Ooh, good choice there with Sanitarium. Anyone who doesn't have it and is okay playing old-school point-and-click adventure games, you should give it a shot.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, first Steam now this??
For the sake of my bank account, I'll have to stay away.

Apr 28, 2008
AgentBJ09 said:
MisterShine said:

Agreed. I've always wanted to try Sanitarium, having heard it's really good.

Hopefully, GOG will have the Descent series on sale before long. I want to play that game again so badly.
Hehe, funny thing is, the games were on sale for $3 until about 4 days ago.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
I did consider getting Sanitarium back when I got those free game coupons with The Witcher 2.

I ended up getting Earthworm Jim instead, due to cartoon nostalgia, which I now regret.

Well... *purchased*

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Sanitarium was awesome, I bought it on the spot. I already have the Earth Universe boxset, so no 2150 trilogy for me. I wonder what the next gem is...

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
GeorgW said:
Aw man, first Steam now this??
For the sake of my bank account, I'll have to stay away.
I think they're both secretly being run by carebears with dreams of being evil dictators, and this is the most sinister thing they can come up with.