Conquer Azeroth, Get Low Monthly APR With World of Warcraft Visa

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Conquer Azeroth, Get Low Monthly APR With World of Warcraft Visa

Themed credit cards are nothing new, but the First National Bank of Omaha has come up with an interesting new twist aimed squarely at gamers - a card that offers World of Warcraft [http://www.worldofwarcraft.com] game time rewards.

The World of Warcraft Visa card is available to U.S. residents with a World of Warcraft game account, putting one percent of every dollar spent on "qualifying purchases" toward time in the game and giving cardholders a free month of play the first time they use the card. The cards are available in 13 different and very sexy designs, with detailed artwork featuring the game's various races, including Night Elves, Tauren, Dwarves, Trolls and of course, Orcs and Humans.

It may seem like kind of a weird rewards program, but with 11 million subscribers, many of whom would leap at the chance to publicly declare their WoW allegiance - not to mention the potential for free play time - I think it's a brilliant move. Even more importantly, it's yet another sign that gamers are being recognized as adults, and taken seriously for the "cultural demographic" they represent. Of course, laying down your World of Warcraft Forsaken Visa may not get you taken seriously by the maître d', but sometimes legitimacy has to come one step at a time.

You can learn more about the new World of Warcraft Visa card, or even apply for one online, at the worldofwarcraft.com [http://www.firstnational.com/lp/blizzard/blizzardlp001.asp?promo=67708&F9TC=AC189000041783271].

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
*headdesk*

....ok, ok. So maybe it's a good idea, but I really do wish WoW's time would end. I have nothing against the game, other than the close-minded gamers it spawns. Still, it's time something came around to prove that WoW is not the pinnacle of MMORPGs. 'Cause if it is, the genre doesn't have much longer to live.

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Lvl 64 Klutz post=7.72752.771903 said:
*headdesk*

....ok, ok. So maybe it's a good idea, but I really do wish WoW's time would end. I have nothing against the game, other than the close-minded gamers it spawns. Still, it's time something came around to prove that WoW is not the pinnacle of MMORPGs. 'Cause if it is, the genre doesn't have much longer to live.
Note that Everquest was out longer (and still is, like 13+ expansions or something?). To each their own I guess, but don't expect the game to drop off anytime soon.

As for the cards, it's a very nifty idea, though I doubt you can use it to pay your WoW account time and get time back, would seem very weird lol. Would have to check out the fine print.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
wow, I thought that this was a gold spammer because of the title...

My bad,

but on topic: I think that WoW really needs to just fade away, it's time has come and gone, time to move on to a new MMO

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Khell_Sennet post=7.72752.771884 said:
That thing still doesn't compare to the sheer awesomeness that was the FASA Battletech cheques.
You got pics of these? :O

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
OH jesus...

Im pritty sick of WoW, and of MMOs in general. You can't seem to get away from it now. Someone is going to pull out this card to pay for something at work and IM going to kill them with it!