Sherlock Holmes 2: More Moriarty And Cross-Dressing

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Sherlock Holmes 2: More Moriarty And Cross-Dressing

The first trailer for the Sherlock Holmes movie sequel is online, and it's got Robert Downey Jr. in a dress.

Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes was one of those movies that people either seemed to love or hate (the movie made a buttload of money, so a sequel was greenlit almost immediately. Now, the official trailer for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadow has appeared and it's promising more of the insanity.

The movie trailer shows an awful lot of action and zaniness without explaining much of the actual plot. That said, it looks like Watson actually manages to get married, Moriarty is going to appear as a major on-screen character (played by <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Harris>Jared Harris of Mad Men fame), Rachel McAdams' Irene Adler has been replaced by Noomi Rapace's Sim the Gypsy, and Sherlock himself decides to disguise himself in drag when he's not getting shot at. Oh, and Holmes and Watson still have the same sarcastic relationship that they did before.

I'm a huge Guy Ritchie fan (though I have no problem admitting he's just as able to make a terrible movie as the next guy), so I'm personally pretty excited about this movie. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows is due out on December 16th.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
*jumps up and down with glee*

Can't wait for this, I love Robert Downey Jr. probably a bit more than I should do :)

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I did love the orignal, but I do wish they would turn down the "over bearing standard action music" just a bit.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Well, while not a bad film, the second series of a far better interpretation of Sherlock Holmes (set in the present day) is currently in production. Each episode of series one was the length of a feature film.

... I may have been a bit sidetracked there.

Anyway, I'll probably go see it. Quite enjoyed the first.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Hmm, can't say I agree with making Moriarty a big name this early on. I'd have waited till movie three to round out a trilogy with the climactic conclusion at Rikenbach Falls (or w/e it is the famous Holmes/Moriarty showdown takes place)

Still, looks like it will be fun.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Hey, they used the same trailer music as the first one.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Love the trailer, can't wait for this. I really loved the first film so hopefully this one won't be a let down.

DannibalG36

Mar 29, 2010
KeyMaster45 said:
Hmm, can't say I agree with making Moriarty a big name this early on. I'd have waited till movie three to round out a trilogy with the climactic conclusion at Rikenbach Falls (or w/e it is the famous Holmes/Moriarty showdown takes place)

Still, looks like it will be fun.
I disagree. It would be great to end this film with a kind of "Moriarty will return!" assurance, setting the stage for a tasty showdown in a third film.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
OOOH MY GOOOD! ThIS IS GOING TO BE AAAAAWESOME!

And whos iTuneS? (rofl)

The movie looks great and promising. And honestly with Robert Downey Jr. i`ve no doubt we are going to see yet another great performanece. There seems to be a little too much action tho....but hey as long as its fun like the 1st one i dont mind.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Hell yeah, time for more Robert Downey Jr. being badass. Plus Stephen Fry is in it to, I can see no logical reason not to see this movie.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok this time I going to the cinema to watch it for sure! I didn't went to the cinema when the first came out despite how much my friends say it good) and I regret doing so once I bought it on DVD.

Cpt Corallis

Apr 14, 2009
Lethos said:
It's going to have Stephen Fry in it, so it WILL be amazing.
Exactly. Stephen Fry makes everything at least 20% cooler. Why is Mycroft not in this trailer!?

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
DannibalG36 said:
I disagree. It would be great to end this film with a kind of "Moriarty will return!" assurance, setting the stage for a tasty showdown in a third film.
Exactly. Moriarty gets away. No way in hell will Holmes catch him on the first try. As Moviebob observed, somebody was paying attention to the box office on Batman Begins vs. The Dark Knight -- put your big villain in the second film.

I admit, the humour in this trailer worries me a little -- the banter doesn't quite seem as sharp as in the first one. That said, trailers always lie, and I loved the first film. For those worried about the action levels, remember that the first film's trailer also was all the most ribald jokes and action sequences, while the actual film was considerably more subdued than the trailer made it look. Yes, it had action sequences, but Holmes was allowed to do his detective thing, and I have no doubt he'll get to do it again here.

Finally...

TheEvilCheese said:
Well, while not a bad film, the second series of a far better interpretation of Sherlock Holmes (set in the present day) is currently in production. Each episode of series one was the length of a feature film.
I really do need to see that series. This sounds like a Christmas present. That said, I have problems with the idea of directly comparing the two: They're very different interpretations of Holmes, and I don't think Ritchie's is less accurate than most others. It cherry picks the source material to favour its own slant, like all adaptations do.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
bleachigo10 said:
Hell yeah, time for more Robert Downey Jr. being badass. Plus Stephen Fry is in it to, I can see no logical reason not to see this movie.
Fry and Downey Jr?

I have no reason NOT to see that movie.

standokan

May 28, 2009
ChromaticWolfen said:
I loved the music. Love the trailer. Will Love the film. Somebody hug me.
Come into my armes. *hugs firmly*

OT:Gonna love it but hope that it doesn't end with the whole cliff thing at the end.

The thing I like about these series is that they IMO both could've played Holmes, Downey doesn't feel like a Watson though.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Ah yeah.

Loved the first film, just rewatched it recently.

It's amazing the trailer appears now.

God this has been a good week, A Dance with Dragons, new headset, Metro Last Light gameplay, this trailer now...

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
standokan said:
ChromaticWolfen said:
I loved the music. Love the trailer. Will Love the film. Somebody hug me.
Come into my armes. *hugs firmly*

OT:Gonna love it but hope that it doesn't end with the whole cliff thing at the end.

The thing I like about these series is that they IMO both could've played Holmes, Downey doesn't feel like a Watson though.
I bring you people fantastic news like this and I don't get offered huggles? WTF