Barbalute

funny is not allowed
Jan 4, 2010
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D Review

Kill, kill, KILL, KILL, time's up!

Read Full Article

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I have never being a fan of the Resident Evil games, and this one just looks like some cut down version of the real ones. So...I don't think I'll buy it.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Now if only Capcom had the brains to either patch moving while aiming into Resident Evil 5 I'd still be playing and enjoying the Mercenaries mode on that and then some. After playing Dead Space I can't possibly see why Capcom thought stopping to shoot was a sensible mechanic, Dead Space controls how Resident Evil 4 and 5 should have.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
No thanks. Shooting and combat has always been the worst part of the RE series. It's fine as a mini game attached to a full proper product, but to release nothing but the terrible combat as it's own standalone game just doesn't work for me.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
$40 for a mini game that came with a $60 game on consoles? No thanks guys. I don't really enjoy just tossing money into the wind for the hell of it.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Frostbite3789 said:
$40 for a mini game that came with a $60 game on consoles? No thanks guys. I don't really enjoy just tossing money into the wind for the hell of it.
This is how I feel about this game personaly. It's a bloody mini game that was put in for the console game. It might be fun and all but I don't see myself rushing out to but this game. Maybe if they could come up with a full Resident Evil game for the 3DS then I'd get it.

p3t3r

Apr 16, 2009
ya mercenaries was fun but never my favorite idk why anyone would want to play only mercenaries

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
Never played the original minigame, but it sounds like something that'd be entertaining for a bit, I guess. Still, I have to agree with the whole "40 bucks for a glorified minigame" criticisms. Really, the main reason I'd want to get it is because I like unlocking stuff. I guess it's that same primitive part of my brain that allows Skinner boxes to work so well.

Anyway, I'm wondering how this game is going to do sales-wise. I mean, does their whole "no save erasure" scheme actually net them any profit? Nearest I can see, all it would do is gyp paying customers and retailers. I mean, if I were to get this game in the first place, I probably wouldn't get it until the price went down, and by then, it may be nigh impossible to get my hands on a new copy.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I find it shocking that what is basically a copy-paste job of a mini-game gets as high a score that it does. It's barely even worthy of a single star. The Mercenaries was meant to be a mini-game. An extra. And they think they can get away with releasing it as a full retail purchase? What the fuck? Not to mention the whole single save fiasco. As i understand it, there's no way to reset your unlocks, and second hand purchasers basically get shafted.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I do like shooting things in RE...

But I hate time limits and score-mongering.

I'll pass.

:p

puffy786

Jun 6, 2011
I hate how Capcom's suddenly now thinks that in order to make a RE game, all you have to do is make a zombie shooter with crappy controls. The battle controls were acceptable at first, and the game worked on fewer zombies to create tension when fighting each individual zombie and put time between each zombie encounter with puzzles. Now, its just endless zombie shooting. Capcom is really Completely Missing the Point.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Frostbite3789 said:
This is what I am thinking too. It's a mini game which I enjoyed on both Resident Evil 4 and 5, but paying for that to be a full game is a bit too much for me. I will consider it when the price drops, because an arcade shooter than I can play while sitting on the bus or waiting for the bus is just the reason I've played Street Fighter IV and Tetris as much as I have. I will hold my lust for more Resident Evil for Revelations.