3DS Assassin's Creed Game Became Revelations

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
3DS Assassin's Creed Game Became Revelations

Assassin's Creed: Lost Legacy was once planned for the 3DS, but then became a full console experience that was revealed as Revelations.

If you'll recall back to Nintendo's 3DS reveal at E3 2010, you may remember that it initially had an Assassin's Creed: Revelations [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101377-PilotWings-MGS-StarFox-Headline-3DS-Lineup].

"You may have heard of the game Lost Legacy for the 3DS. It was announced, but that kind of morphed into this idea," McDevitt what we know about Revelations [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/14/assassins-creed-lost-legacys-concept-found-in-revelations/].

This doesn't mean that Ubisoft is just making its story up on the fly, said Dewitt, who said that the concept that would eventually become Revelations (and presumably Lost Legacy) first came into being in February of 2010 - before the release of AC: Brotherhood.

"We do a lot of thinking ahead of time on big arcs, like knowing where Ezio is going, knowing where Desmond is going, knowing where Altair is going," said McDevitt. "The major beats of all our characters' stories are planned well in advance, so we don't get Lost-itis where we're opening up more than we could possibly close off."

I don't know - I think a game where the Assassins crashed on a tropical island and had to contend with smoke monsters, the Templars and confusing writing might be kind of interesting. But that's just me.

(Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/14/assassins-creed-lost-legacys-concept-found-in-revelations/])

the spud

May 2, 2011
Am I the only one dissapointed this wasn't on the 3DS? You could see people being stabbed to death in 3D!

OT: It is a good thing more people are looking to learn from lost's mistakes.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I dont like the idea a lot, I thought that this was supposed to be the nest big thing instead of another Brotherhood (not that Brotherhood was bad, but it is a similar game to AC2 and it doesnt show the same level of improvements as the change from the 1st to the 2nd game).

How do I put this... Hmmm... I was expecting for AC:Revolutions to be what Bioshock Infinite is for the Bioshock franchise, the next big thing instead of being like Bioshock 2 (its the same and not all that important for the franchise).

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
I called it first!

Seriously, they never uttered a peep outside of what they said at E3 2010.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Wasn't this kind of obvious? Anyone who read what Lost Legacy was about would've seen that this had happened months ago.

This isn;t news Escapist.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
If Ass Creed had more polar bears, I'd proably start playing it again regardless of the repetative gameplay. I'd probably start playing it again regardless of the repetative gameplay. It's interesting to see how one title can sort of warp in to another, escpecially when it leaps from a handheld game to a console title. I'd probably start playing it again regardless of the repetative...wait

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
John Funk said:
I don't know - I think a game where the Assassins crashed on a tropical island and had to contend with smoke monsters, the Templars and confusing writing might be kind of interesting. But that's just me.
*imagines the ending*
*brain explodes*

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
John Funk said:
*imagines the ending*
*brain explodes*
This post works splendidly with your avatar.

And while it's nice to see that they really wanted to step up a notch for the next game in the series, I wonder if the game's roots will have any effect on it's outcome.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
So this is pretty much confirmation that this is going to be a Desmond, Altair, Ezio only show from now on?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I figured as much. I'm just glad to see I hadn't lost my mind, no one else but me ever seemed to remember the Lost Legacy announcement.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I dunno, cramming a metaphor for the embodiment of good and evil trapped together on some island with an annoying prick of a lead character who has to shout "You're not the boss of me!" or some such nonsense every episode might make the series get a bit loopy. Though, having a smoke monster around could liven things up. But then they'd have to have a village of people with a magic fence that evil/smoke monsters can't penetrate...

Yeah, I think they should plan this shit out in advance. Lost was more or less good, but I'd like something a bit more tightly structured.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I think it's a cool yet predictable twist that Ezio goes to Masyaf. Although the events that take place before, during and after Masyaf may not be predictable. I'm looking forward to ACR.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
BrotherRool said:
So this is pretty much confirmation that this is going to be a Desmond, Altair, Ezio only show from now on?
from what i heard this part will be the last of ezio
though there is no question that he'll probably be used like altair for cameo appearances

i'm probably the last gamer to want the AC series to end
but i'm afraid it won't holdout for another 4 games
i mean yes they could span this probably with a few games into the 18. century but that was it
i can't imagine that AC would work in a modern setting

in the future it might work though...

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
vivster said:
BrotherRool said:
from what i heard this part will be the last of ezio
though there is no question that he'll probably be used like altair for cameo appearances

i'm probably the last gamer to want the AC series to end
but i'm afraid it won't holdout for another 4 games
i mean yes they could span this probably with a few games into the 18. century but that was it
i can't imagine that AC would work in a modern setting

in the future it might work though...
I think they could still manage it, because although they've run out of famous distinct time periods, there are still a lot of other time periods to exploit. What's more they could just change the setting. Assassins Creed in the Peruvian mountains? Rock on :D

I reckon some modern settings could work too. It would be hard, but possible. Gun crime is nearly non-existent in the UK for example, (50 deaths a year compared to 15 000 in the US), the police don't use guns and we are famous for our knife crime. But then it might feel a bit silly that the mighty Templars couldn't beat our border control.

Maybe not. Future settings could work, I agree

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
i would not agree that there are not enough interesting time periods in europe to play... there are plenty
but the game has to have some sense of progression in time so you just couldn't just hop back and forth in time for the big events
after all we have to get to the future

they could expand the AC universe outside of europe but then they'd have to construct a much bigger arc with the templars only being part of a much bigger conspiracy
i certainly wouldn't mind
if the insane quality they reached with brotherhood stays i could have a new AC every year for the next 10 years

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
John Funk said:
"The major beats of all our characters' stories are planned well in advance, so we don't get Lost-itis where we're opening up more than we could possibly close off."
Sure. That's what ABC said.

Well, uhh, not exactly like that, obviously, but you get the idea...