Kojima Claims He's Too Busy For Snatcher Sequel

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Kojima Claims He's Too Busy For Snatcher Sequel

Hideo Kojima wants to make a sequel to Snatcher, but he doesn't have time.

Fans of Hideo Kojima's Snatcher have been clamoring for years, hoping that their cries will convince the man to make a sequel to the game. Unfortunately, Kojima has said that it's not gonna happen any time in the foreseeable future because he's just too dang busy.

Speaking to the PlayStation Blog, Kojima was asked if (based on the open world nature of L.A. Noire and the cyberpunk genre coming into the public eye via Deus Ex: Human Revolution) if he was interested in making a sequel to Snatcher. Kojima responded:

This idea of ​​an open world in 3D is very good, and I would love to do something like Snatcher, but I do not have the time or the means to do so. But if anyone else would like to develop it, I would love it.

Are you confused? Don't be. It turns out this interview was given shortly before he announced the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111546-Snatcher-Sequel-Confirmed-As-Radio-Drama>game's radio-drama sequel. At present, it sounds like this audio program is the closest thing fans are going to get to an actual continuation of the series.

Source: PlayStation Blog via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-15-kojima-too-busy-to-make-snatcher-sequel>Eurogamer

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Well let's see all the projects Hideo Kojima is working on... Metal Gear Solid Rising,The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection,The Zone of The Enders HD Collection,Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D,and possibly Zone of The Enders 3...YEP that's a lot of shit that needs to be done.

Gigatoast

Apr 7, 2010
I think Kojima missed a golden opportunity when he didn't name his company "Hideo-Video".

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
A real shame. It was a damn good story. But then again, who knows how it would turn out in today's standards. When he's saying he doesn't have the _means_ to do so he's saying that producing a 3d sci-fi open environment by today's standards would be waaaay to expensive. Snatcher in a similar position as that fabled FFVII remake Square Enix has gone on record saying it can't possibly happen.

It doesn't matter as long as he keeps making the great games in his own special way, old or new.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
An audio drama is good. It means at the very least something is happening with the IP. Anything that resuscitates it is a welcome change from it just being a chapter of the fossil record, even if the newly cloned snatcher manages to reproduce and runs amok on a tropical island.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
Defense said:
He's too busy making Zone of the Enders 3.
Oh , dear god , please let this be true.

I don't care if it's a console title or a portable title on the PS Vita

I just want my Z.O.E 3 ! T_T

edit: According to his Twitter account , his busy monitoring the dialog re-recording sessions of MGS3 HD.

Captcha: "finger lickin good" , lol XD

NeonWraith

Nov 25, 2008
No no no. He's far, far too busy meddling with the long dead and by this point hideously defiled corpse of the Metal Gear Solid franchise that even his god awful writing is unable to actually kill.

A Steam/XBL/PSN release of the original Snatcher would be awesome though.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
JehuBot said:
Defense said:
He's too busy making Zone of the Enders 3.
Oh , dear god , please let this be true.

I don't care if it's a console title or a portable title on the PS Vita

I just want my Z.O.E 3 ! T_T

edit: According to his Twitter account , his busy monitoring the dialog re-recording sessions of MGS3 HD.

Captcha: "finger lickin good" , lol XD
Sorry but no. He said he was doing something else, didn't he? Also, if you look at the game demo he put up to showcase his company's new engine you could see that the mechanics there are more about general roaming in a constricted 3D environment ala Metal gear type games than a free flying game like ZOE.

I dunno why they would change that when they haven't even finished the engine yet.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
"Snatcher"?

Is this the very, very, very, very old Mega CD game that I thought I was the only one who'd played or even heard of?

Or have I got this completely wrong?

Seriously... that's like making a sequel to "Tron". There's just no reason for it.

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
well look at it this way the god of war collection was made for god of war 3 coming to PS3 so people could play the first games, the sly cooper collection the same thing for sly 4 similair thing with halo, so hideo kojima makinga colletion of the old PS2 games means that soon we should see a ZOE3 on PS3.

BTW, what the hell happened to rising?

Mr C

May 8, 2008
A re-release of the original would be nice. XBL/PSN or even DS/PSP would be great. The only way to play it in English is if you can find and afford the Mega/Sega CD version. There was a game called Policenaughts never released in English that is considered to be a 'sequel' to Snatcher. How about an English download version of that?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
1. I don't particularly care if he makes Snatcher 2, Zone of the Enders 3, or whatever.
2. Metal Gear just needs to stop entirely.
3. Kojima needs to make more Boktai.

Souplex

Jul 29, 2008
Somehow I triple posted. I don't know how. Ignore this post.

Souplex

Jul 29, 2008
1. I don't particularly care if he makes Snatcher 2, Zone of the Enders 3, or whatever.
2. Metal Gear just needs to stop entirely.
3. Kojima needs to make more Boktai.
Site hiccupped and double posted. It thought my points were so good they needed to be made twice.