War Is Hellishly Awesome in Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
War Is Hellishly Awesome in Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Trailer

[gametrailers=717718]​
The official Battlefield 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Pc/dp/B002I0HJZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311261700&sr=8-3] Operation Metro multiplayer gameplay trailer is here and it's so good, I watched it twice.

Electronic Arts is giving Battlefield 3 a big push to try to muscle it past, or at least bring it even with, Activision's Modern Warfare [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3-Pc/dp/B00503EAG2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311261770&sr=8-3] machine, but it won't mean a thing if the final product can't live up to expectations. From the look of this new Operation Metro trailer, however, that won't be a problem. The action is fast, the gunplay is furious and the graphics are absolutely freakin' gorgeous.

According to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5823378/battlefield-3s-operation-metro-delivers-multiplayer-mayhem], the Paris-like Operation Metro level is designed to show off "the game's ability to deliver a wide spectrum of scale in its maps," ranging from a large, open areas through a dark subway tunnel, a cluttered ticket station and a devastated inner city neighborhood, all beautifully rendered and then lovingly blown up. War may be hell, but it sure looks good - I think we might actually have a legitimate contender here.

Battlefield 3 comes out on October 25 for the PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Non-scripted destructable environments. That's all kinds of sexy there.

OT: It does look more like an objective based mutli-player mode pulling the players through the environments.
Unless that's a few different maps of the same theme being shown here.

Oh, and who thinks a MW4 and BF4 cross-over would be awesome?

Sgt. Dante

Jul 30, 2008
So much want...

Still play Battlefield 2 sometimes, that with better graphics and the improved frostbyte engine is looking like super sexy fun times.

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
Every other game can go screw itself.

Welp!! Look's like I'm failing all of my classes when this game comes out.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
I had to go triple-check to make sure my pre-order was fully paid on this one after watching that. Now I want that beta to start. D:

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
HOLY CRAP!! :O Amazing! Battlefield 3: Putting the PC back into PC gaming! :-D About damn time, too!

I disparately need to update my rig for this, Skyrim and Heroes of Stalingrad!

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I hope it works out well.

I am trying to get into battlefield BC2 and it is so fucking hard.

I spawn disoriented unto a sky full of bloom, every where is obscured by smoke and by the time I've waddled my ass to an objective the defense that spawns there blows my ass away.

I just hope there is more to that game than camping and eye strain.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
That's one comment I keep hearing over and over about Battlefield 3, "It looks Pretty" And yeah it does, I just hope that's not the only thing that it has going for it. *Shurgs*

I don't know I'm more looking forward to Ghost Recon Future Soilder; But I plan to Buy Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 anyway.

Irridium

Ā 
Apr 28, 2008
Aw... they're sticking with the bullet-reloading system instead of the magazine-system that's in Battlefield 2.

That makes me sad :(

Anyway, this looks nice and all, but... eh, I'm not really feeling it. Just looks like a really pretty Bad Company 2 to me :/

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
And yet Modern Warfare 3 is going to do the same thing the last four games did but even worse this time, and still outsell and out-score Battlefield 3.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I like the new knifing animation. Actually looks really impressive and a lot more visceral. Imagine being on the receiving end of the sharp stabby thing!

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
I find this all very exciting, it certainly looks like I'd prefer this game to the COD series. My main hope is that if Battlefield really becomes a 'threat' to the COD franchise dominance that we see better and better games from both studios as they fight for our wallet.

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
If thats all the same level, all I can say is.... dayum!

Makes me wish my Xbox hadnt red ringed....

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
Huh, this looks exactly the same as COD for me, in fact you could have played this trailer with MW3 slapped on the front and I would have believed you. I think I'll pass on this one.