Yup. That's Bobby Kotick In The Trailer For Moneyball

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Yup. That's Bobby Kotick In The Trailer For Moneyball

The CEO of Activision is getting a cameo in Moneyball, but not as himself. Oh, and he's only in it as a favor to the director.

When the trailer for Moneyball first appeared on the Web, a lot of savvy viewers did a double take when Brad Pitt meets the owner of the Oakland Athletics. This was because the latter character bore an uncanny resemblance to Activision CEO Bobby Kotick. Well, it turns out that it was Kotick in the trailer.

Speaking to Reuters, Kotick confirmed his role in the movie (<a href=http://www.amazon.com/Moneyball-Michael-Lewis/dp/0393338398/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312959138&sr=8-1>based on Michael Lewis's book), explaining that he wound up getting cast because of his friendship with the film's director Bennett Miller:

"We were having dinner and Bennett was talking about Moneyball and he asked me a little bit about an owner's psychology and what an owner would be like. I started reading the script and I said, I really think the words don't capture how an owner would react to this part of the conversation. I also loved Michael Lewis' book Moneyball . We were having this back and forth and Bennett said 'why don't you do it? It would make the role very authentic.' And I said, 'I will, but only if you made my Call of Duty Endowment movie.'"

Miller kept up his end of the bargain, creating a movie for Kotick's Call of Duty Endowment charity, which helps military veterans reintegrate into society.

Moneyball is due out in theaters on September 23.

Source: Giant Bomb

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
After seeing 2 seconds of Kotick, I accidentally got caught up in the trailer

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Well, I think Kotick will be a good actor here, because it looks like Kotick's character is a stingy prick. Just like him in real life!

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
I FUCKING THOUGHT SO!

sorry, excuse my caps...I saw the trailer for this a few weeks ago and noticed the owner looked exactly like him...I scoured the cast list and couldn't find him so I just figured it was some random dead ringer.

So weird...the movie looks pretty good too.

ImprovizoR

Dec 6, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
I guess Bobby is a human.. though a terrible business man.
You're joking, right? All the money he made and all the money he's going to make suggests that he is a pretty good businessman. He just doesn't know anything about video games and he doesn't care about them. That's the problem. There are tons of people just like him in every major corporation. Good at making money, but a bad fuckin' person.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Sorry? I was watching the trailer for a movie with Brad Pitt that makes baseball fun to watch.

Who were we talking about again?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Booze Zombie said:
I guess Bobby is a human.
I am guessing you never heard the word on Russell Crowe when he isn't acting. He makes Bobby look tame in comparison.
..though a terrible business man.
I am also guessing you haven't been watching Activision's numbers since he took charge, either.
Keep in mind that with all the guy's assholisms he has thrown out, he did something the US Government wouldn't do for its soldiers. Help them when they got back home.
The only real thing I hold against Bobby Kotick is dragging out Guitar Hero for so long. Nice concept, poor execution, terrible handling.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
That can't be Kotick .... he has no horns, he looks nothing like satan.

But this can not be.

People keep saying Kotick is the very devil himself yet he is just a normal man .... you mean the people were wrong.

The horror.

JehuBot

Jun 1, 2011
^
^
I'm pretty sure they used CGI to cover them out to make him look more human ! <_<

but his dark aura is so strong and apparent , there's no special effect in the world that can hide it ! 8(

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
One Hit Noob said:
It seems he isn't that bad at all. YOU HEAR THAT ESCAPEES?!
NO! I DON'T HEAR IT! LA LA LA LAAAA!

He seems like one of those people who exhales the scent of sleazy business practices into the room. A bit like the air that dodgy lawyers give off, y'know?

Next up, cliffy B stars along side the rock in "die alien die!"

Odegauger

Apr 7, 2010
Bobby Kotick actually does look a bit like the kind of character actor that would get cast as grubby, unscrupulous business types - short, fat, ugly, and vaguely Jewish-looking.