Miracle of Sound to Premiere Mass Effect Song Live with BioWare

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Miracle of Sound to Premere Mass Effect Song Live with BioWare

The Escapist's own Gavin Dunne will appear on stage with BioWare and premiere the video for his new song "Normandy."

The story behind Miracle of Sound is probably one of the coolest I've heard in a long while. Gavin Dunne began posting his original songs about videogames on The Escapist forums under the username [user]Miracle of Sound[/user]. We all fell in love with his catchy tunes just like the rest of you and started producing music videos for his songs to host on our site every Wednesday. Among the following of fans that Gavin has gathered to his Miracle of Sound banner is none other than that Canadian developer of RPGs - BioWare. Next week, Gavin will appear on stage with BioWare staff at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany to answer a few questions and show off the video for his new song.

Called "Normandy," the song is based on the plot hooks in Mass Effect 2. This song is not the first time that Gavin has honored the Mass Effect universe as "Commander Shepard" also dealt with the eponymous hero [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/3158-Commander-Shepard]. The video for "Normandy" won't premiere on The Escapist until August 24th so people at GamesCom will get a significant preview.

We're also happy to announce that a Miracle of Sound CD with all of the songs that Gavin has written to date including "Wheatley's Song" (Portal 2) [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound/3009-Mining-All-Day-long] - as well as some his earlier songs - will be available to purchase in September. Not only that, but a DVD compilation of the first ten episodes of Miracle of Sound will be available.

The Escapist is super-excited for Gavin to appear on stage with BioWare at GamesCom. If you happen to be in Cologne next week, be sure to attend the BioWare panel to see one of The Escapist's own living large like a rock star!

Congratulations, Gavin!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
Congratulations, dude! You really deserve all the attention you are getting. I hope you have tons of fun there!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Cool news and shit. I'll get the album. MAYBE. If I feel like it.

But two corrections:

Video FOR his new song Normandy.

And his videos are Weds, not Friday.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Awesome!
Im a little bit sad that he wont be doing his commander shepard song live at the con, but its still pretty awesome!
Congratulations, Gavin!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
I always knew he'd make it big!

Congratulations man!

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Normally I don't post on News Room threads, but I will on this to express how I feel.

I believe that sums up how I feel for the most part.

Edit:

Oh, and of course a MAJOR thumbs up to Gav on this. Seriously, great job you've been doing man. You're deserving of all of these breaks your getting. Keep it up!

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
You deserve it Gavin! I hope it goes great for you and wish you many more awesome songs!

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Obviously this means that the Commander Shepard theme will be in Mass Effect 3. Undoubtedly.