Pre-order Prototype 2 and Your Face Could Appear in the Game

Brian Albert

Aug 5, 2011
Pre-order Prototype 2 and Your Face Could Appear in the Game

A new GameStop contest may give you the opportunity to mutilate your digital self in <a href=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=prototype+2&x=0&y=0>Prototype 2.

Teaming with the games retail giant, Activision and Radical Entertainment are giving one eager fan a chance to appear in the upcoming Prototype 2. Just pre-order the game between now and September 1, plop down five bones, register for the raffle through GameStop's <a href=http://www.gamestop.com/collection/prototype-2>contest page, and cross your fingers.

Oh, and make sure you're over 18, and that the game was pre-ordered in the U.S. or Canada.

The randomly-selected raffle winner will receive a trip for two to Vancouver, including a tour of Radical Entertainment's HQ. Something was also mentioned about a facial scanning procedure, but that sounds like safe science to me. Don't sweat it.

"In addition to just seeing themselves in the game, the winners will actually be able to locate their virtual selves and shape-shift Sgt. James Heller into their likeness," said Ken Rosman, studio head at Radical.

The winner will also view brand new game footage, which would be awesome for Prototype fans or people who just want to brag.

So, what do you think? Is this a strong pre-order incentive, or do you prefer character skins, early map access, and other common bonuses?

Prototype 2 is currently scheduled for release on April 24, 2012, but remember, this contest only runs until the first of September.

Feb 13, 2008
Yay! If 10,000 people pre-order, 1 will have something. If he's American/Canadian. And he goes to Gamestop.
If a pre-order demo was released, 10,000 people would have something.
If a demo was released, 1 billion people would have something.

Guess what's chosen?

How about you release a face moulding add-on (like in Eve or similar) and let 10,000 people make their own self that he can shift into? Or is that just too "out-of-the-box"?

SomeLameStuff

What type of steak are you?
Apr 26, 2009
Oh BRILLIANT! I'll just sign up...

"Available only for residents in US and/or Canada"

Oh come ON!

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
So basically a contest that's only any good to 1 person .... if that person happens to be American or Canadian.

Nothing to see here fellow Europeans.

thePyro_13

Sep 6, 2008
Is that an incentive to buy, or a threat to stop you?

Also not available to me in Australia.

Also I miss when pre-orders were a discount rather than random crap.

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Rawne1980 said:
So basically a contest that's only any good to 1 person .... if that person happens to be American or Canadian.

We always get shafted with stuff like this. :/

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Aw, had hoped it was for more people then just 1 person[footnote]Say like the first 10000 to pre order(and send in a picture that they can use) get to be one of the normal NPCs...[/footnote], even if it´s only in the US and Canada.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Rawne1980 said:

Actually it can be good if it was a person you knew, hated and got to kill in game.
Still you've got a point on that this is only USA and Canada so yeah... moving on. Not that I am that interested in having my face in the game... or interested in the game at all.

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
This seems about as useful as that Fable 3 NPC.

I liked the Bioshock contest(that you didn't even need to pre-order for!) that had a location named after somebody. That was a good way to immortalize yourself. Unless they make your character a major enemy or something it'll just be [random pedestrian number 5159632].

I wonder how many people actually jump at the chance to pre-order just for a shot at this.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
I think this idea is considerable more unique than the "here have tonnes of shit that will just on in a box and collect dust that will probably never be worth anything" normal pre-order. This offers a experience to go to their studios and see how shit is done. If I believed in pre-ordering games I would probably sign up for this.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It's a pretty cool pre order incentive, even though it means nothing to pretty much everybody. Still, I dislike pre order exclusives, so this is an improvement.