The Week in Review: Riots, Looters, and Giant Scorpions

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review: Riots, Looters, and Giant Scorpions

In this week's edition, the London Riots bring out idiots in a variety of flavors, and Bethesda shows off Skyrim's Dark Elves.

UK Media Blames Riots on Games

With the UK racked with unprecedented levels violence in its streets, the country's media has instantly pointed the finger at the one thing that could possibly have caused it: videogames. The Evening Standard, sites a number of anonymous sources who place the blame for the civil disorder on Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto games. I didn't realise people were still doing that. (Link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112137-British-Media-Blames-Games-For-London-Riots])

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
"In this week's edition, we totally ignore the MASSIVE controversy that came out about the Escapist not paying people what they're owed", was essentially the headline I read there.

Oh well. Skyrim looks awesome.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
No_Remainders said:
"In this week's edition, we totally ignore the MASSIVE controversy that came out about the Escapist not paying people what they're owed", was essentially the headline I read there.

I second the sentiment, but add a whole lot of nasty swear words in there as well - y'know, for good measure. I wonder if we'll ever get word from the Escapist about this dilemma or if they'll just let it all roll out the backdoor?

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
No_Remainders said:

I second the sentiment, but add a whole lot of nasty swear words in there as well - y'know, for good measure. I wonder if we'll ever get word from the Escapist about this dilemma or if they'll just let it all roll out the backdoor?
I'd say they'll just try to ignore it and hope it goes away...

Then they'll realise they actually have run out of money and they won't be able to do anything any more and there'll be no more escapist...

I don't want that day to come, but it seems inevitable at this stage.

PixelKing

Moderately confused.
Sep 4, 2009
No_Remainders said:

^ This man speaks the truth, on both points.

To avoid low-content: These riots are rather bad, but us northeners haven't had any yet.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
No_Remainders said:

In which the Escapist proves that their news-writers ARE paid on time to report their news.

Also, bullshit on the London riots being caused by games, but I think we all knew that.