Take on Battlefield 3 With a Buddy

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Take on Battlefield 3 With a Buddy

Check out the new trailer for Battlefield 3's Co-op mode.

If you happen to suck at the first person shooters, or worse, if you happen be saddled with a friend who can't be relied upon to remember which end of the gun the bullets come out of, then your choices are kind of limited when it comes to the Battlefield series. You can try full blown multiplayer mode and watch your friendship slowly crumble under the weight of incompetence, or you can play together against bots, which, as anyone who's tried playing a Battlefield game with a load of bots will agree, is kind of like watching a Benny Hill sketch without the exciting music.

At E3, Dice announced that Battlefield 3 would present players with another option, a separate, more-traditional two-player co-op campaign. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110649-Battlefield-3-Expands-with-Co-op-and-Social-Network] At Gamescom we got to see Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager of DICE and Patrick Soderlund, senior vice president of EA, play through a co-op mission on the PS3. Or try to, it seems like Troedsson might just be the kind of person I described in the first sentence there.

Behold.

Before being ventilated by an enemy marksman, Troedsson also reveled that Battlefield 3 would see the much awaited return of player controlled jets [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8S_eEv_A5k], allowing players to once again act out theirTop Gun fantasies,the ones that feature dogfights rather than volleyball tournaments obviously. Talking about the game's social features he added, "Battlefield has always been a social experience, but Battlefield 3 takes this experience to a whole new level and Battlefield 3 extends the in game experience to be available anywhere, whether on your PC, console or mobile devices. Battleblog will keep you informed of every update from your friends, all in real time," he said.

He also added, "Battlefield 3 is the best, modern warfare experience game this year." While it's technically true that Battlefield 3 is a game about warfare set in the modern age and therefore features "modern warfare," I can't help but feel that his choice of words means something in particular. What could that be?

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
Am I the only one who really wanted to laugh at the things the in-game people were saying in the first half?

OT: Good stuff, looks pretty solid to me. As if I needed another reason to be excited about this game.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
I nerded all over the floor. Thanks dice but do you know how hard it is to keep cleaning up nerd?

I'm going to get it but I refuse to pre-order or buy any expansions because of EA.

Tesral

Jul 19, 2011
HOLY COW BATMAN, IT HAS CO-OP!

As if I wasn't already overexited for BF3, this comes along. I really can't describe how much I want to be playing this game right now.

JackyG

Jun 26, 2011
the random action dialogue is some of the worst i've ever heard but i'm still more interested than not.

NathLines

May 23, 2010
Other than "YOU LIKE THAT FUCKER HUH HUH HUH!?" and "Oh, look someone's thrown away a completely functional sniper rifle. Niiiice.", this looks pretty damn sweet. Especially in the start when they were going for silent takedowns.

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
JackyG said:
the random action dialogue is some of the worst i've ever heard but i'm still more interested than not.
you mean the most hilarious you've ever heard?

heck even the people in the audience were laughing.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Aw, I thought I heard it was going to be four player co op before. Did I hear wrong, or did it change? Oh well, at least it still has co op. Looking forward to this.

JediVash

Nov 7, 2010
Well... we got this really impressive game Dice is giving us... and we got the evil EA who said F... u Steam decisions decisions