BioShock Infinite Voice Actors Join PAX Panel

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
BioShock Infinite Voice Actors Join PAX Panel

If you have a question about BioShock Infinite's characters, then PAX is the place to be.

BioShock Infinite [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6EB70/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1ARR2CH0WFJWQPP2BCMG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846] voice actors Troy Baker and Courtnee Draper, who play Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth respectively, will join Irrational's creative director Ken Levine on stage at PAX Prime, in a panel all about the game's characters.

According to the PAX Prime schedule, the panel will look at the focus on evolution of the characters of Booker and Elizabeth, as well as their in-game relationship and its effect on the player. Baker has dozens of animation and videogames roles under his belt, including Vincent in Catherine, Snow in Final Fantasy XIII, and Alec Mason in Red Faction: Guerilla. Draper doesn't have as much voice acting experience, but she has a lot more traditional acting experience, having appeared in numerous TV shows.

Characters have always driven the BioShock games, from the grand oratory of Andrew Ryan, to the crazed antics of Sander Cohen. Infinite won't be the first time players have had someone talking to them during their adventures, but it is the first time - at least in the BioShock games - that the protagonist has been able to talk back.

The BioShock Infinite panel takes place on Saturday, August 27th in PAX's Unicorn Theater. The game itself comes out for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 in 2012.

Source: Irrational Games [http://irrationalgames.com/insider/see-the-voices-of-booker-and-elizabeth-at-pax/]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Troy Baker... whut?

I could have sworn it was the guy from the Thief games doing Booker's voice. It sure sounded like him in the gameplay previews, unless it's just an uncanny resemblance...

Huh.

Colour me confused and bewildered.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Zhukov said:
Troy Baker... whut?

I could have sworn it was the guy from the Thief games doing Booker's voice. It sure sounded like him in the gameplay previews, unless it's just an uncanny resemblance...

Huh.

Colour me confused and bewildered.
It was Stephen Russell in the gameplay videos, not Troy Baker. So unless my ears utterly deceive me and I cannot, for some awkward reason, recognize Garrett anymore, then they just had Russell do the demo versions and Baker doing the proper VO for the game.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I don't hear Vincent in that voice, but I do hear Orlando from the same game. He's got a good voice, though whenever Booker talks in the game it always feels like he's taking in a way that goes "Look, I, the protagonist, am now talking!" which is kind of weird to me.

Sartan0

Apr 5, 2010
I am SO going to that panel at PAX:prime!

What question should I ask if I get a chance?